Lock Him Up, Lock Him Up!

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Possum said:

Votors should be able to vote for the person they feel is best qualified.
ie...If you don't think a 3rd term is a good idea..Hell no,,.don't vote for a third term candidate.
The 22nd amendment 2 term limit is fairly new...passed in 47 ratified in 1951
Lots of these geezers running for pres.now were kids by then...
A Non Partisan movement to overturn XXII at some point seems likely to me.
A Partisan movement in the near future may be even more likely.
The concept of freely voting for the person we want in office makes a lot of sense..and it is a fundamental democratic principle.

Do you also oppose the electoral college?

6 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Do you also oppose the electoral college?

Its kind of interesting that the electoral college was the brainchild of folks opposed to proposed term limits...round and round it goes lol..

Me? I like the idea of an each person gets one vote popular election where voters get to pick the person that they think is best qualified.

Unknown

20 hours ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Who thinks any of the Dem candidates would promise that if elected, they would appoint an AG that would prosecute defeated pres candidate and suddenly private citizen DJT for obstruction of justice? Who thinks this is in the back of the mind of Trump regarding the importance of his re-election?

please explain to us dullards just "what" Trump did that is "obstruction?"    

2 mins ago, Possum said:

Its kind of interesting that the electoral college was the brainchild of folks opposed to proposed term limits...round and round it goes lol..

Me? I like the idea of an each person gets one vote popular election where voters get to pick the person that they think is best qualified.

Interesting indeed, thanks

That's just it.  There is no crime.  You may as well prosecute him for killing the Lindberg baby. This is where you libs fall off the rails.  there's enough buffoonery surrounding Trump but when you make up crap and try to whip people into a frenzy, it falls flat.   

1 min ago, JimP said:

That's just it.  There is no crime.  You may as well prosecute him for killing the Lindberg baby. This is where you libs fall off the rails.  there's enough buffoonery surrounding Trump but when you make up crap and try to whip people into a frenzy, it falls flat.   

I don't think you are reading the OP correctly.

8 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Who's a dullard? This is a hypothetical, the accusations could be justified but don't have to be. Do you think any Dem candidates would go there?

I think it'd be foolish to promise. Saying nobody's above the law etc is the furthest I'd hope any would go.

2 hours ago, patchyfog said:

I know, all politicians joke like that.

Remember when Obama joked about a third term? Is this really so rare for people to get all excited? 

4B111344-BBB0-48C5-87FF-0C5041087B43.png.28d82116104cbcba85f297592f667234.png

And some people took it far more seriously, down to a guy who published a book in 2013 on Obama's "path" to a third term, which would require getting around the 22A.

9A7EC8DF-5E0E-4904-A950-7CAECC8787A3.jpeg.19a6d2273b0c9fc72c505cafbda9cd6a.jpeg

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

14 hours ago, tomkaz said:

You are kidding, right? 

Just as as soon as the next Dem president is elected, Trump will he forgotten. There will be no prosecution as it will be argued that it is time to MoveOn to get "work done for the American people".

All of the Dems are talking about returning us from this divisive environment to something less hostile. Prosecuting Trump, devoid of any incontrovertible evidence of significant wrongdoing, will do nothing but increase the divisiveness beyond where it is today. 

Christopher Earle said: - “Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.”

Good advice in life and being humble in victory would suggest a MoveOn approach by the next Dem president. However, given the Dems' inability to be gracious after the Clinton defeat, who knows....

Libs do not adhere to this philosophy. It’s as evident now as it was when Bush beat Gore. An entire month of hanging chad speak. 

As far as being humble,they consider it a mandate when thy win by 1 vote and start violently ramming crap laws and policies down our throats. 

“Shall not be infringed” was the “talk to the hand” of that period. (Me 2022)

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

Remember when Obama joked about a third term? Is this really so rare for people to get all excited? 

4B111344-BBB0-48C5-87FF-0C5041087B43.png.28d82116104cbcba85f297592f667234.png

And some people took it far more seriously, down to a guy who published a book in 2013 on Obama's "path" to a third term, which would require getting around the 22A.

9A7EC8DF-5E0E-4904-A950-7CAECC8787A3.jpeg.19a6d2273b0c9fc72c505cafbda9cd6a.jpeg

I was talking about his Russia joke.