Lagerhead

HOLY MOLY

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Something crazy happened...

 

Both parties got together and got some legislation done.

 

God bless them and screw the far left. Will the folks who inherit the political power from the baby boomers come to their senses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When oh when indeed. :waiting:

 

Why not the far right? Those nut jobs are just the same song played by a different band.

You poo poo when something gets done in a bipartisan way but continue to whine about the left.

 

Ho Christian of you to ask for gods blessing on only some of his people and not others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, let’s just consider that without the photos of the dead father and toddler, the Dems are not likely to have accepted the GOP Senate's bill. 

 

Just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Uh, let’s just consider that without the photos of the dead father and toddler, the Dems are not likely to have accepted the GOP Senate's bill. 

 

Just sayin'

You are probably right but it was the right thing to do now that reality is staring us in the face (TV)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

When oh when indeed. :waiting:

 

Why not the far right? Those nut jobs are just the same song played by a different band.

You poo poo when something gets done in a bipartisan way but continue to whine about the left.

 

Ho Christian of you to ask for gods blessing on only some of his people and not others.

Good point. Let me reflect on my words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

"The right thing to do" is to spend how many millions of our tax dollars to provide for people who broke our law by entering the country illegally?!?

 

Every last one of these people should be THROWN, by force, right back over the border, and let Mexico deal with it.

 

And I care not what happens to them.  They are criminals, trying to steal from us.  I don't care about the humanitarian BS crap story.

Edited by JoeyZac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is that those who come into this country illegally are somehow not up to speed with our laws or how our society works according to liberals, so they get a free pass.In reality, illegal immigrants have a sophisticated network behind them exploring every single loophole out there which American citizens are forced to fund without our consent. I'm sick and tired of the perception that hose crossing the border illegally deserve to come here and take advantage of the generosity of America. As I am of citizens who do the same through welfare, foodstamps, disability, etc. The burden is always thrust upon our good citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee, imagine if we had a wall that prevented them from stepping foot into America in the first place?  Then we would not have to care for them while they awaited legal entry into the US. What a great idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Gee, imagine if we had a wall that prevented them from stepping foot into America in the first place?  Then we would not have to care for them while they awaited legal entry into the US. What a great idea. 

$4.6B is just about what Trump requested to build the wall, isn’t it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Markushook said:

$4.6B is just about what Trump requested to build the wall, isn’t it? 

Yep. And ILLEGAL immigration costs the US $116BB annually, but just let them keep coming in. It’s the right thing to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

"The right thing to do" is to spend how many millions of our tax dollars to provide for people who broke our law by entering the country illegally?!?

 

Every last one of these people should be THROWN, by force, right back over the border, and let Mexico deal with it.

 

And I care not what happens to them.  They are criminals, trying to steal from us.  I don't care about the humanitarian BS crap story.

Lets get one thing straight, if one presents themselves to authorities seeking asylum it is not against the law and while I don't know the exact percentages I do believe the majority have asked for asylum. That's when they take your children from you and put them in cages. The wait is the backlog of having to verify the claims. Just a minor detail really, shouldn't take more than several months and not to worry the older children will take care of your kids just fine. They are use to crying themselves to sleep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Lets get one thing straight, if one presents themselves to authorities seeking asylum it is not against the law

Where do you guys get this stuff from? Wow

 

8 U.S. Code § 1325.Improper entry by alien

(b) Improper time or place; civil penaltiesAny alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or
(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.

Edited by GuiltyAsCharged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

don't know the exact percentages I do believe the majority have asked for asylum

Which is exactly why the asylum laws need to be changed. They are ALL seeking asylum! That’s how you beat the system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Criminal Penalties for Improper Entry to the U.S.

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.

For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

But just in case that isn’t enough to deter illegal entrants, a separate section of the law adds penalties for reentry (or attempted reentry) in cases where the person had been convicted of certain types of crimes and thus removed (deported) from the U.S., as follows:

  1. People removed for a conviction of three or more misdemeanors involving drugs, crimes against the person, or both, or a felony (other than an aggravated felony), shall be fined, imprisoned for up to ten years, or both.
  2. People removed for a conviction of an aggravated felony shall be fined, imprisoned for up to 20 years, or both.
  3. People who were excluded or removed from the United States for security reasons shall be fined, and imprisoned for up to ten years, which sentence shall not run concurrently with any other sentence.
  4. Nonviolent offenders who were removed from the United States before their prison sentence was up shall be fined, imprisoned for up to ten years, or both.

What’s more, someone deported before a prison sentence was complete may be incarcerated for the remainder of the sentence of imprisonment, without any reduction for parole or supervised release.

(See 8 U.S.C. Section 1326, I.N.A. Section 276.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.