Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Harry Sidebottom 

Warrior of Rome Trilogy 

never read this guy before, I like him, 

The trilogy is  in the Semi-Historical Action Military  Intrigue type genre

good vacation or beach books 

what are you guys reading this summer  

Finally finishing up The Passage series by Justin Cronin, because the library finally got the last one on Ebook.

No particular order or even certainty of which ones I will read, but the kindle list right now has miore fiction than I usually read.  I'm usually a history guy lately.

The Hangman's Daughter, Oliver Potzsch (A Historicla Novel)

It Can't Happen Here, Sinclair Lewis

Killers of the Flower Moon - The Osage Murders and Birth of the FBI

A few Sam Reilly novels by Christopher Cartwright which were great stupid fun adventure.  Like James Bond meats Indiana Jones.  They started getting too stupid around the 13th one in the series.  That was like Moonraker meets Temple of Doom.
Out of Time, Ernesto Hill.  First in a series about a time traveling detective
A History of God, Karen Armstrong (nonfiction).  Started it years ago and left it on a plane.

The Price of Time by Tim Tigner - some sci fi mystery that looked cool. 

2 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

Looking for suggestions.

Read Double Indemnity by James M. Cain. Tom Wolfe said it best: Nobody did it like Cain. Nobody - not even Raymond Chandler.

Plus, it's got insurance. What insurance salesman hasn't wanted to murder at least one of his clients? :th:

It's an easy read, and truly great. After you read that, read The Postman Always Rings Twice, which is even better.

4 hours ago, Niffty said:

Finally finishing up The Passage series by Justin Cronin, because the library finally got the last one on Ebook.

No particular order or even certainty of which ones I will read, but the kindle list right now has miore fiction than I usually read.  I'm usually a history guy lately.

The Hangman's Daughter, Oliver Potzsch (A Historicla Novel)

It Can't Happen Here, Sinclair Lewis

Killers of the Flower Moon - The Osage Murders and Birth of the FBI

A few Sam Reilly novels by Christopher Cartwright which were great stupid fun adventure.  Like James Bond meats Indiana Jones.  They started getting too stupid around the 13th one in the series.  That was like Moonraker meets Temple of Doom.
Out of Time, Ernesto Hill.  First in a series about a time traveling detective
A History of God, Karen Armstrong (nonfiction).  Started it years ago and left it on a plane.

The Price of Time by Tim Tigner - some sci fi mystery that looked cool. 

I read the Passage a couple months ago. I thought it was good.  The second one was good, but not quite as good. I started the third one and kinda got bored. I’ll go back to it sometime this summer.

Well, I do read to the little man every night. Almost done with the second book of the chronicles of narnia. First book was really good and the second...well... who doesn’t like the lion, the witch and the wardrobe 

Nifty, I thought the book about the Osage murders was super interesting, but also tried to cover so much ground...good, but  be prepared to go above and beyond the local killing.