Enough of this Diversity Pride BS

Rate this topic

Wayne Tj

5 mins ago, TimS said:

That’s the thing, he is not an idiot. I’ve been reading his posts for years, he’s intelligent and knows a lot about fishing. That’s what is baffling about the implication that gays earned their month because they fought for it by having parades...but veterans who fought wars and laid down their lives for the whole country haven’t earned their month :huh:

TimS

They're really coming out of the wood work this week, Tim.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

18 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

what's baffling is your ability to ignore things people say.

He's quite clearly NOT taking the position you claim he is.

You mean his later posts don’t take the position his earlier post took. 

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

21 mins ago, TimS said:

That’s the thing, he is not an idiot. I’ve been reading his posts for years, he’s intelligent and knows a lot about fishing. That’s what is baffling about the implication that gays earned their month because they fought for it by having parades...but veterans who fought wars and laid down their lives for the whole country haven’t earned their month :huh:

TimS

I appreciate the positive comment.  However, I NEVER said the vets haven't earned their month.  Go back and read all the posts, I'm all for Vets getting everything they need, which they don't currently get.  I merely stated why the LGBTQ community got their month, everything else implied about the vets regarding my post is what you all wanted to read into it.

That said, with all due respect, I'm done with this thread.  Have at me all you want, because I really could care less about your opinions, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.  Have a great day folks.

3 mins ago, Oakman said:

That said, with all due respect, I'm done with this thread.  

Fair enough. When someone asks why veterans have a day instead of a month - and you respond ‘because they fought for it’ - there aren’t too many other ways to interpret that. Like I said, I know you to be intelligent and well spoken, that’s why the implication that veterans don’t have their month because they didn’t fight for it seemed odd.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

1 hour ago, TimS said:

That’s what is baffling about the implication that gays earned their month because they fought for it by having parades...but veterans who fought wars and laid down their lives for the whole country haven’t earned their month :huh:

TimS

i  agree.. but , then what did black people do to get feb?

"a high percentage of Bernie's posts involve Jim, homosexuality and/or touching children" :naughty:

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 0:09 PM, woowoo2 said:

Why do they get a month, while veterans only get a day?

EXACTLY...I fail to see how some that "fights" for a spot in line to see Cher or Madonna can in any way relate to a real hero that fought for the entire country and paid a price for it?

You think LGBTQ is long, wait until they start adding/incorporating all the "other" gender-bending terminologies into the mix. It will take most of a month just to read the list of people that will be triggered and offended if you don't call them by their asinine pronoun identifications.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

1 hour ago, fish'nmagician said:

what's baffling is your ability to ignore things people say.

He's quite clearly NOT taking the position you claim he is.

It's called "projection." There's a lot of it in this thread.

All because the guy made an observation that is impossible for any reasonable person to disagree with: the Pride crowd has been much more effective at mobilizing, politically, than veterans have, especially the last 20 years or so. I presume this to be the case because the Pride crowd is, from a partisan standpoint, much more homogenous than vets are.

The way we treat our veterans is a national disgrace -- and it's a bipartisan disgrace. But what the guy said is accurate, and the fact that people attacked him for it is more revealing of them than it is of him.

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

4 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Must be where the term “homo” comes from. 

That's the spirit! :laugh:

Here's a useless bit of trivia that will win you a bar bet: the homo part does NOT come from the Latin homo, meaning human (like Homo sapiens), but from the Greek homo (ὁμο-), meaning same.

Signed,

Are Cliff Clavin.

Edited by Belmo

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.