Max4

Discrimination ?

Rate this topic

107 posts in this topic

Iam very interested on INTELLIGENT THOUGHT OUT opinions on a very upsetting subject for me ! Here are the conditions first ; say you are BADLY injured as a result of the campaign in Iraq , Afganistan etc. and legally prescribed pain medication to help relieve chronic pain as a result . You are pre vetted assuring you do NOT have a pre cursor to addiction and ONLY after this and other checks are prescribed the medication.  You have been taking this medication for 15 years WITHOUT ANY adverse issues period which is documented ! You ARE NOT a felon and you have an excellent reputation with ALL the medical Dr.s you see EVERY MONTH at which you are tested for the presence of ANY illegal or legal substances other than what you are prescribed . To which you have ALWAYS tested negative ! You go in with another script from a Dr. for a medication that this place HAS filled before and NOW they tell you THEY WILL NOT fill it because you take an opioid! Would you feel upset and discriminated against ? Sorry for the long winded explanation but felt facts were needed for intelligent response / responses ? Thank you ! 

This is the tavern. You must be on drugs if you expect intelligent conversation. ;) 

I'd find a new pharmacy, for starters. Or, maybe talk to the head pharmacist and explain your position to him. 

Are you saying they won't fill the script for a non opiod because you take an opiod?

What's the non opiod?

Maybe there's a good reason.

Anyway, you claim discrimination, what are they discriminating against?

I really don't get it?

First and foremost, thank you for your service.

Second,

Is this a chain pharmacy?

Have you tried another pharmacy?

Can you get your pain meds directly from the VA?

Could just be a policy change.

What was their explanation?  Possible drug interaction maybe?  Regardless, I'd get the prescribing doctor on the phone with the pharmacist before doing/saying anything else.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would tell my Dr the issue,  and hopefully, he can clear it up. They are clamping down on the Opioids, and it sounds like you were caught in the crossfire. 

Is there any other remedy for your pain?

Long term opioid use can't be good for you, even under a Drs care.

Edited by dena

Thank you for your comments this far ! More information , there is no interaction,  they HAVE filled it previously . The ONLY reason IS an " Opiod " was given as the ONLY reason.  It is a LARGE chain pharmacy inside a LARGE chain store . My opinion ; how can you refuse to.honor a legal script to a law abiding citizen , no prior drug issues period , no interactions , the ONLY reason an Opiod is being taken ? There IS no law against this just something THEY decided to do . Sure there is other pharmacies BUT the point to me being as long as you are not a convicted felon and a citizen in good standing you should be served like everyone else is ? To me it's like saying you walk different and we dont serve you ! To those that cannot reply intelligently I understand just dont answer please. Thanks 

Let me put it simply maybe easier to understand request? Do you feel their is discrimination against service due to the " Opiod " ? Which is legally prescribed and has been 15 years WITHOUT issue from this vendor? Now you take this we will not serve you . 

20 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

What was their explanation?  Possible drug interaction maybe?  Regardless, I'd get the prescribing doctor on the phone with the pharmacist before doing/saying anything else.

Already done . The reason,  you take this we will not serve you . 

2 mins ago, capequahog said:

so they're saying no opioids to anyone? as a policy now all of a sudden

assuming your talking wallyworld

if no opes as policy not discrimination I think 

No the " Opiod " is gotten elsewhere due to government . This is separate med. for separate issue which has been filled there previously.  Help ?

Just now, dena said:

Find another drug dealer...I mean pharmacy. 

Find another drug dealer ? REALLY MAM ? Wow , God Bless You and your welcome !