Gift for a New Marine?

Rate this topic

passiton

My nephew leaves in July for boot camp.  He’s graduating high school, doesn’t want a graduation party, and wants to just quietly leave for his enlistment.  Other than cash, what do I get this young man?  I’m wondering if there’s something he’ll need when he gets there or after completing training that we could help with. 

NOBODY here has a pass to blow out someone else's candle in order to make theirs shine brighter. TLDig[

10 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

Yeah,nothing for BC. A small TV for when he gets to his duty station might be good.

A mid range laptop will do TV, and a lot more.

Single Marines don't have much room for things, need to keep possessions to a minimum.

33 mins ago, passiton said:

My nephew leaves in July for boot camp.  He’s graduating high school, doesn’t want a graduation party, and wants to just quietly leave for his enlistment.  Other than cash, what do I get this young man?  I’m wondering if there’s something he’ll need when he gets there or after completing training that we could help with. 

THEY WILL supply ALL he needs while there ! More information would be needed about him to say what he might like other than a short leave ? However , if he gets sent to Quantico Marine Corps. Base for additional training etc. you let me know and I WILL MAKE SURE he is looked after and what he needs he gets !! OORAH , God loves Marines !

A Big Thank You

are they permitted to wear something? like if you got him something meaningful to wear on his neck? pedant with a saying?

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching