passiton

Gift for a New Marine?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

My nephew leaves in July for boot camp.  He’s graduating high school, doesn’t want a graduation party, and wants to just quietly leave for his enlistment.  Other than cash, what do I get this young man?  I’m wondering if there’s something he’ll need when he gets there or after completing training that we could help with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should not need anything for boot camp.

But after....

A good Leatherman.

A laptop.

Decent cell phone.

A "Thank you" from me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

He should not need anything for boot camp.

Yeah,nothing for BC. A small TV for when he gets to his duty station might be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

Yeah,nothing for BC. A small TV for when he gets to his duty station might be good.

A mid range laptop will do TV, and a lot more.

 

Single Marines don't have much room for things, need to keep possessions to a minimum.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

He should not need anything for boot camp.

But after....

A good Leatherman.

A laptop.

Decent cell phone.

A "Thank you" from me.

 

Times two on the thank you and respect !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

If hes going to Paris island this time  Of year I would get him a 55 gallon drum of deet

The sand fleas will eat you alive. I was there Dec-Mar ,it was brutal even in winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, passiton said:

My nephew leaves in July for boot camp.  He’s graduating high school, doesn’t want a graduation party, and wants to just quietly leave for his enlistment.  Other than cash, what do I get this young man?  I’m wondering if there’s something he’ll need when he gets there or after completing training that we could help with. 

THEY WILL supply ALL he needs while there ! More information would be needed about him to say what he might like other than a short leave ? However , if he gets sent to Quantico Marine Corps. Base for additional training etc. you let me know and I WILL MAKE SURE he is looked after and what he needs he gets !! OORAH , God loves Marines !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Big Thank You

 

are they permitted to wear something? like if you got him something meaningful to wear on his neck? pedant with a saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, Sandflee said:

 

are they permitted to wear something? like if you got him something meaningful to wear on his neck? pedant with a saying?

After boot camp would be my guess.

( I was Navy )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.