iphish

The Debate

Rate this topic

125 posts in this topic

I tuned in after golf last night, turned on the TV and there it was in full democratic glory....Abortion refereed as "Social Justice"

I switched channels.

I texted my 20 something daughter, I asked her among other things watch is doing tonight- she said playing a drinking game with friends of how many times "trump" or "current administration" was used..........

Hope she's all right this morning.

12 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

in today's environment which has embraced Republican sexual aggression toward women I'd be nervous if I had a daughter that was drinking in excess......

In the Democratic world you live in you would have aborted her and not have those worries. :howdy:

42 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

in today's environment which has embraced Republican sexual aggression toward women I'd be nervous if I had a daughter that was drinking in excess......

I think you know that I dislike the Democratic party, but I dislike them a whole lot less than I hate Trump. And as much as I hate Trump, I loathe him less than I hate the social movement that elected him president: it's vile, ugly, and disgusting, and it is not what our country is all about. Lincoln famously appealed to "the better angels of our nature" in one of his speeches (can't remember which), but Trumpism is the opposite: it appeals to the basest, most cynical elements of our society. That Trump has emboldened the most despicable people in this country -- like overt white supremacists -- is maybe the most odious thing about a remarkably odious man.

I'm counting on the election of 2020 not just to be a defeat of Trump -- that's not enough -- but a complete and utter repudiation of the movement that elected him. I don't just want the people who revel in the ugliness to be defeated -- defeat is not enough -- but to be trounced, to be shamed, and to go back to living under the rocks they came out from four years ago. This is not what our country is, at least not what I thought the country is, and we need to relegate these vile cretins to the dustbin of our history.

I still think that Trumpism is the last hurrah, the dying breath, as it were, of the U.S. as a white-male dominated society, and I think that in the end, we'll be all right. But if he wins in 2020 -- and I think that's possible, mostly because the Democratic party is so dysfunctional -- then I'm going to have to reconsider. Maybe a spiteful, xenophobic society really is what we are -- we will find out soon.

This is the most important presidential election of my lifetime. I think it's important enough that I may do something I've never done before, which is register as a member of a political party, just so I can vote in the primary. It's crucially important that we get this balloon knot out of office, and it can't happen soon enough. It's not even about policy with me: it's about decency

Screw him, and screw his supporters twice.

1 hour ago, fish'nmagician said:

Please explain you lost me at environment ...

54 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

In the Democratic world you live in you would have aborted her and not have those worries. :howdy:

????

just saying.....

today's GOP seems to look at college age boys taking advantage of a drunken co-ed as "boys being boys"

of course if the girl gets pregnant, she has to have it.

2 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

????

just saying.....

today's GOP seems to look at college age boys taking advantage of a drunken co-ed as "boys being boys"

of course if the girl gets pregnant, she has to have it.

?????

just say....

today's snowflakes can abort those future problems up until the 9th month and sometimes beyond.

3 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

yeah that seems to be a word that Republicans don't even register,

FRACK it.

Nice deflection. Refocus and lets have a discussion about your original comment. I keep reading it and each time It comes up as incoherent ...

48 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Nice deflection. Refocus and lets have a discussion about your original comment. I keep reading it and each time It comes up as incoherent ...

really?

I thought your claim that you didn't understand me was deflection,

it wasn't?

you really can't figure out what I am saying?

I'm addressing Kavanaugh and Trump and Moore.

the GOP seems fine with sexual predators so long as they completely deny it and you can't prove it.

truth be damned,

common sense be damned,

multiple complaints and victims be damned.

6 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

really?

I thought your claim that you didn't understand me was deflection,

it wasn't?

you really can't figure out what I am saying?

I'm addressing Kavanaugh and Trump and Moore.

the GOP seems fine with sexual predators so long as they completely deny it and you can't prove it.

truth be damned,

common sense be damned,

multiple complaints and victims be damned.

So you think sexual predators are all GOP and Democrats are all protectors of women? They just like to grab them like Al and Joe. I don't believe sexual misbehavior is a political position.

4 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

So you think sexual predators are all GOP 

nope,

but I think part of this "anti PC" wave that Trump has ushered in includes some crap that we would be better off without.

the naked misogyny and sexual aggression have no place in society.

we'd be better off denouncing it,

than cheering it on.

6 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

They just like to grab them like Al and Joe.

Al didn't even touch that woman,

and he lost his job.......

meanwhile sexual assault is being protected in the GOP.

so let's discuss this honestly.

14 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

so let's discuss this honestly.

You don't know how.

To wit:

in today's environment which has embraced Republican sexual aggression toward women