Need some new waders that work!

Rate this topic

On a trip out west last year, I had a brand new pair of waders— that leaked badly!

I'm looking to get a new set. A certain sporting goods store in southern Maine has a wide selection:

Simms (G3 Guide)

Caddis (Northern Guide)

Caddis (Delux,Bootfoot)

Froggs Toggs (Camp II, Active Shield, Arrura)

anyone have any suggestions or experience to share?

Thanks!

The allure of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive, but attainable, and a perpetual series of occaisions for hope.

If you buy a set from a certain iconic Maine store that's an hour further north, you'll get a one year guarantee, regrettably not like the old "forever" guarantee...  20% off sale for Holiday weekend.

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar

Ill vouch for my house brand pair from that iconic store. These are breathable stocking foot. Two yrs of moderate use with no leaks knock on wood. Managed to wangle a free exchange with the old pair that had started to leak (they only charged me sales tx). Not sure there are any more free exchanges in the future though.

Pfantum Pfishah

My last pair from that store lasted just over a full season (about 120 days of usage), which is a record.   They have already sent the replacement and guaranteed me I will get the full price credited when I return the old ones.   Maybe it's because I use their credit card, but I have yet to have a problem with returning leaking waders.   I really believe they are trying to eliminate inappropriate returns and will try to work with any customer who is reasonable and doesn't have a record of abusing their return policies.  

Marty