ChazerOne43

Sea legs

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Sea legs (when I still feel the boat rockin when ur on land(dizzy?)

I went on a party boat 3 days in a row great time...but I still have minor sea legs 5 days later....I feel like I'm gettin sea sick on land sometimes....nausea and upset lower stomach (bad poop).....this never happened to me and I've been fishing since I've been able to hold a rod. Any body green through this?

Google “vertigo” and see if it sounds like your symptoms. There are home treatments that help. If not and symptoms continue I’d see a doctor to check out your ears.  Balance issues and dizzy feeling has can have causes relating to inner ear problems. I’ve had vertigo a couple times causing dizzy spells and minor nausea but not caused by being on a boat. For me it lasted off and on for a couple weeks each time.  

I remember having to go to go straight to work at noon after an overnight canyon run that ended up pretty sporty......

Sitting in the office.....I couldn't function...zero sleep.....sunburn setting in.....and the office was definitely moving.....I had to sit in front of a window to avoid seasickness. Otherwise it'd be like I was below decks.   

Only lasted through the rest of the day.

Are you drinking enough water?

I think i drink enough water I'm not really thirsty...lol.....I've had sea legs for a few hours off the boat mostly in the shower....I'm going to do som research on this vertigo thing if it goes past 7 day I'll see a doctor....i like @Captain Ahab remedy but I'll have to wait 23 more years un till that's an option......than you for the help guys......I'll keep you updated

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I remember having to go to go straight to work at noon after an overnight canyon run that ended up pretty sporty......

Sitting in the office.....I couldn't function...zero sleep.....sunburn setting in.....and the office was definitely moving.....I had to sit in front of a window to avoid seasickness. Otherwise it'd be like I was below decks.   

Only lasted through the rest of the day.

Are you drinking enough water?

4 hours ago, SandSpike1 said:

Consult with your physician.

You have some type of vertigo.

With a little touch of wind and sun virus.

I'm not a doctor.

4 hours ago, JimJ said:

Google “vertigo” and see if it sounds like your symptoms. There are home treatments that help. If not and symptoms continue I’d see a doctor to check out your ears.  Balance issues and dizzy feeling has can have causes relating to inner ear problems. I’ve had vertigo a couple times causing dizzy spells and minor nausea but not caused by being on a boat. For me it lasted off and on for a couple weeks each time.