fishnbear

Warm Weather Quick Dry Pants

57 posts in this topic

Been doing a lot more freshwater this year which has had me out in mid-day sun. Got fried the other day because my "splash pants" are just too warm for mid day so I wore shorts and got toasted. I have a good hooded sun shirt that's light and comfortable but need pants. Something that's light and quick drying. Recommendations?

Thx T

I've got an older pair of Cabela's guidewear pants that work for that, they were about $30 at the time. I'm sure they still have something like that available. It was the same material as the button down sun shirts and dries super fast.

I have Columbia UPF pants that convert to shorts. I find they dry pretty quick and are comfortable in the hot sun. Still need to find some boxers that do the same.

1 hour ago, fishnbear said:

Been doing a lot more freshwater this year which has had me out in mid-day sun. Got fried the other day because my "splash pants" are just too warm for mid day so I wore shorts and got toasted. I have a good hooded sun shirt that's light and comfortable but need pants. Something that's light and quick drying. Recommendations?

Thx T

I got the same as Jklett. The Cabelas brand is quality and you can catch it on sale. I bought world wide sportsman from Bass Pro and was not near the same quality as Cabelas. 

+1 on the Columbia pants. You can find them almost anywhere and often on sale. They're lightweight and dry very quickly. Most of them convert into shorts too. Their PFG line have specific versions for inshore wading.

2 hours ago, fishnbear said:

Thx T

Ive been looking at quick dry pants the last 2 days and was gonna start a thread haha. I have a pair of Columbia omni-shade pants but they do not make the same ones anymore so im looking for other options also.  I bought a cheap pair on amazon but they feel like they are made from a non-breathable cheap tarp material

3 hours ago, drmevo said:

I have Columbia UPF pants that convert to shorts. I find they dry pretty quick and are comfortable in the hot sun. Still need to find some boxers that do the same.

Give ExOfficio Give 'n Go boxer briefs a try. Expensive but they last forever and are very comfortable and breathable. Many styles available. 

G.H. Bass and company zip-offs, they are quite reasonably priced at their outlet stores. At the start of summer before I tan up I cover my legs with a towel or tee shirt when wearing shorts.

Marmot transcends. Water resistant, zip off into shorts, and unlike columbias offerings, they have a ton of stretch. I used to use the Columbia convertible pants, but they always ended up ripping at the crotch within a few months. 

Billabong all day undershorts dry quickly. Most fully synthetic underwear will dry quickly.

Edited by C.Robin

5 hours ago, flysully said:

Give ExOfficio Give 'n Go boxer briefs a try. Expensive but they last forever and are very comfortable and breathable. Many styles available. 

x2. Been wearing them for years now and absolutely love them. 

I purchased a pair of the Bimini Bay spf pants for around $30 last year and they do the job, they fit ok, but they keep the sun off, they have pockets, lightweight and convert to shorts....everything i wanted without dropping mega $$$$