Springer

Tacoma receiver brackets for Reynolds Rack

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Does anyone have a Reynolds rack or similar dual receiver rack mounted on a  current generation Tacoma?  I am looking for a sturdy bracket design. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Springer

They are nice but a dual receiver set up is much better for surf racks in terms of wobble. After some research I am going to have a welder make some brackets based on the mounting design of the Draw Tite hitch. 

I like a slight upward angle as it elevates leading edge of rack and lessens possibility of plowing in deep rutted tracks in sand. Helps drain rainwater from rack.

Your truck should have ample clearance height wise.

Posted (edited) · Report post

With new trucks or vehicles, i took it back to the shop to get custom duals off the frame in the front installed onsite.... maybe contact Reynolds to see if they can put it on for you, justice welding in selbyville is another option too.

All of mine where installed with a slight angle up, so when you load it with a cooler full of ice and gear, it sits level...

Edited by luckyOC

5 hours ago, modelcitizen said:

I like a slight upward angle as it elevates leading edge of rack and lessens possibility of plowing in deep rutted tracks in sand. Helps drain rainwater from rack.

Your truck should have ample clearance height wise.

5 hours ago, luckyOC said:

With new trucks or vehicles, i took it back to the shop to get custom duals off the frame in the front installed onsite.... maybe contact Reynolds to see if they can put it on for you, justice welding in selbyville is another option too.

All of mine where installed with a slight angle up, so when you load it with a cooler full of ice and gear, it sits level...

Thanks to you both. I think that gives me what I need. 

Not really sure why I didn’t think of this before but I just put the rack on the existing truck. The front edge looks about 3/8-1/2” higher than the back edge.