Space

RIP Awesome John (3 years ago yesterday)

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Asim "Awesome John" passed away suddenly 3 years ago yesterday. I like many others I did not know him personally but spoke to him via the internet. He was always extremely helpful on here and a solid guy to reach out to for anything. (I used to hound him about music equipment quite a bit) I noticed his widow posted on the book and was shocked it has been 3 years already. :(

RIP John!

Posted (edited) · Report post

The man had more energy and passion for the sport, his music, and life in general. Never heard any animosity towards anyone. Here is a old post, one of many when John was with us, and a few words from yours truly back then.

John

Great video,love your enthusiasm. You had me laughing with you. Did you give those bad boys a test run? Great paint jobs and I think your plugs are awesome. From Big Bertha,I can't see  a cow let that one swim by. To your interpretation of  Halloween was fantastic, Trick or treat Big Mama.I think when the big girls see that black & orange darter go by, you better be holding on. John they where all great. Lets not for get your Funky Squid.

And for the grand finally, the piece of resistance; that gold and yellow, multi dimensional Darter of death. oooooooh..Baby....drool.gif.....

Tight Lines

Lou

Edited by Lou T

shortly after his passing, a letter was delivered to him, inducting John into the Blues Hall of Fame, 

here in the states.

Rock on John...:angel:

Edited by Lou T

i always enjoyed his posts and enthusiasm. don't remeber him ever being negative towards anyone. i like that

Just knew him from here/online but man you could feel the passion and enthusiasm he had for fishing and life just from reading the words he wrote.

Truly an awesome guy and one of a kind that made  world and especially the fishing community a better place.

4 hours ago, Lou T said:

The man had more energy and passion for the sport, his music, and life in general. Never heard any animosity towards anyone. Here is a old post, one of many when John was with us, and a few words from yours truly back then.

John

Great video,love your enthusiasm. You had me laughing with you. Did you give those bad boys a test run? Great paint jobs and I think your plugs are awesome. From Big Bertha,I can't see  a cow let that one swim by. To your interpretation of  Halloween was fantastic, Trick or treat Big Mama.I think when the big girls see that black & orange darter go by, you better be holding on. John they where all great. Lets not for get your Funky Squid.

And for the grand finally, the piece of resistance; that gold and yellow, multi dimensional Darter of death. oooooooh..Baby....drool.gif.....

Tight Lines

Lou

That was great,

What was the deal with him returning to the US?

I heard Turkey wouldn’t let him,for some reason?

Any insight on this?

When he passed his sister was very vocal on this site.

Hope she sees this,he is missed.

21 mins ago, olvart said:

What was the deal with him returning to the US?

I heard Turkey wouldn’t let him,for some reason?

Any insight on this?

When he passed his sister was very vocal on this site.

Hope she sees this,he is missed.

It had nothing to do with Turkey. He never became a citizen here and lost his permanent residence status. He actually visited here a year or so before his tragic death. He gave a concert in a bar in MTK. Paulie was the bass player. He was so proud that his wife caught a fish in one of the open beaches. 

Edited by levari

John was a spiritual guy and wasn't afraid to talk about it. I had MUCH respect for him because of that. Most guys only get spiritual when the plane is crashing and they are in it.