dlaurend

Shimano CI4+ Size 14000 reel

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Just picked up one of these.  has anyone put a power knob on it to replace the existing handle?  canyou get a bigger knob/handle from Shimano?

Posted (edited) · Report post

25 mins ago, dlaurend said:

Just picked up one of these.  has anyone put a power knob on it to replace the existing handle?  canyou get a bigger knob/handle from Shimano?

I did but did not like it.  The one I got required that I cut off the existing knob and install the new power knob with a screw.  I really did not like how the install went at all.  I was not comfortable that it would hold up.  I ended up buying a new handle.

Edited by Birdsnester

You can get them on Ebay but they're not direct fit.  Have to cut out the rivets as Birdsnester stated.  A friend of mine snagged a good one, I'll ask him which brand and get back to you.  He loves it.  I have the XTD 14k and I feel your pain with that tiny T handle, it sucks.

5 hours ago, CheckDeuce said:

You can get them on Ebay but they're not direct fit.  Have to cut out the rivets as Birdsnester stated.  A friend of mine snagged a good one, I'll ask him which brand and get back to you.  He loves it.  I have the XTD 14k and I feel your pain with that tiny T handle, it sucks.

Yeah please post here.if there is a really good one I’d like to get it.

So I guess he did get the Gomexus knob from Amazon but said it was direct fit.  Handle is Type B for the option.  I also found this thread that has the nice carbon fiber jigging world handles but I believe those need drilling.  They look nice tho.

7 hours ago, CheckDeuce said:

So I guess he did get the Gomexus knob from Amazon but said it was direct fit.  Handle is Type B for the option.  I also found this thread that has the nice carbon fiber jigging world handles but I believe those need drilling.  They look nice tho.

That’s the knob I got too.  The screw is so small it made me nervous.  It was like a 6/32 size I think.  Would have preferred something beefy 

Just a quick update.

did some web research.   Took a shot on a gomexus 47mm power knob.   Maybe shimano heard all the complaints and now uses a screw to hold on its handle to to its rivet insert.  I just unscrewed their handle put the gomexus on with 2 ss bearings and them screwed the new handle using their original screw under 1 washer.  Works great and feels very sold , sturdy with a super smooth rotation due to the dealings.   Can’t wait to put some line on this and give it a test drive,