HL

Anybody heard from Bonefishdick??

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

Sad news.

I always enjoyed his posts and reports.

Best wishes to him and his family during this difficult time.

SF

I ran into him one day this winter at the bear’s den. He couldn’t speak at the time but I introduced myself, shook his hand, and let him get back to shopping. He has such a passion for the hobby and has been an inspiration to many on this site. Prayers to him and his family. 

I only met BFD in person maybe three times, all wading Morris Island.  So generous on this site and no doubt in person.  All I can say is for whomever is in touch with him and his family, please let them know how much he meant to this community. 

How very sad. His reports from Sanibel were inspirational as much as they were informational. Many of us learned things from him. 

Please keep us updated. 

I met Dick through a friend of mine. We used to meet at various Plymouth Trout ponds to fish from shore together. He taught me how to catch those fish. I still use the same techniques to this day. I remember how he could fish for hours on end without stopping. One day we were at Long Pond. It was early April. We fished from dawn till dusk. He must have caught 100 fish. I probably caught 20.  He always was willing to help me. I think he helped my fly fishing more than any other person I ever met. In fact I have taught my son the exact same things. I fished with many older guys in my life. Some of them were legends on the outer cape beaches.  He is one of the greats. 

Thank you for everything my friend. 

God speed

John

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry to hear this, I always enjoyed his reports.  Hoping for the best.  I'll be hopefully fishing Sanibel in October and will try to catch some snook for BFD.

Also, with everything he's been through, he was seemingly in good spirits and kept fishing as long as he could.  I don't think I would've handled the situation as well as he did.  

Edited by PSUFly

So very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with BFD and his family and friends during this most difficult time. 

:(

Alan

Oh man -- so sad & terrible news. BFD has always been so kind in sharing his knowledge and advice to so many.

I will keep him & his family in our prayers and I'm still wishing & hoping for a better outcome.

Disturbing news, not much can be said or done, prayers and thoughts and hope for as little suffering as possible. Those Hospice folks are like angels, they have the means to relieve the pain, God bless them in their work.

Well, its in the hands of a higher power now so I pray his last days are spent with thoes who love him close by.  We will all miss a good man who loved to fish and help others.

I never met BFD but have enjoyed his fishing exploits and certainly appreciate all the information he has shared with us. Thank you BFD, you are in my thoughts and prayers! God bless.

I've followed him since I first found this place.  Breaks my heart even though I never met the man.  Prayers to him and his family.