HL

Anybody heard from Bonefishdick??

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

I will try to keep everyone here informed of BFDs status. In the past I have asked Dick if it was ok to inform the board members of his status, but since he is unable to answer my communications, I will take upon myself to keep all of you informed of his status. I am in contact with his wife and she keeps me informed. I will tell his wife about the concern all of you express. Thanks

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 26/06/2019 at 4:40 PM, dblhauler said:

I will try to keep everyone here informed of BFDs status. In the past I have asked Dick if it was ok to inform the board members of his status, but since he is unable to answer my communications, I will take upon myself to keep all of you informed of his status. I am in contact with his wife and she keeps me informed. I will tell his wife about the concern all of you express. Thanks

I discovered and began following this forum and the Fly Tying forum six years ago when I began flyfishing and flytying for stripers and, if you do that regularly, which I did, you soon identify the regular contributors and more particularly those whose posts are interesting and of substance. And BFD is prominently among those who are at the top of that list. In my book, he's a no-nonsense sort of guy willing to share loads of experience in saltwater flyfishing. 

I've never met the gentleman but I wish that someday I could have the pleasure of sharing a stretch of shoreline flyfishing with him  for a couple of hours.

So, dblhauler, BFD has a big fan north of the border who wishes him well. Bonne chance.  

Edited by Suave
Typo

2 hours ago, Reed422 said:

I'm a lurker on this section of the site but have enjoyed reading bonefish's posts. Hope he feels better.

Same here. I hope the best for him. 

On 6/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, formula1 said:

Get well soon BFD.

I've thought about this in...I think many of us have separate lives on the internet and real life and if any of us (aside from famous types like Lefty etc) kick the bucket, unless he/she has friends on this board they communicate with directly outside of chat etc, no one will know and all will be left wondering what happened to that bloke?

Formula 1

Well said

Herb

BFD is a friend I've never met or fished with.  Please pass on prayers and good wishes from me and the Mrs.  May God give him the strength to endure in his battle. 

8 mins ago, Spigola said:

BFD is a friend I've never met or fished with.  Please pass on prayers and good wishes from me and the Mrs.  May God give him the strength to endure in his battle. 

Was trying to place the words that described the situation, Spig nailed it. My sentiments exactly. God bless BFD and his family and friends.