How do you cook your sunfish?

Rate this topic

redfishkiller

2 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

Scale them then off with the head and gut them. A few cuts on each side and on the grill with a butter brush. Swipe a few times on each side then sit down to some good pickens. Head to head against crappie and the sunfish or bluegills won easily. One solid little fish right there. 

Yeah, but yellow perch beat them all. :drool: 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

9 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I'll never bother cooking a sunfish agam.  Amazing that jase can sit there talking about fluke having no flavor but will pick bluegill bones out of this teeth.  

people prefer the things they have access too, even if they don't. its a weird phenomenon. 

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

why would you bother putting something wrapped in foil on the grill?

Because it's too hot to turn on the oven. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

people prefer the things they have access too, even if they don't. its a weird phenomenon. 

This is a fact, I never seen the big deal with lobster, I'd rather eat blue gill lol

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

that makes sense. I see people talking about cooking fish (and other stuff for that matter) on the grill, in foil, a lot though. 

I could see to keep fish smell out of the house, or if its too hot to cook inside, but otherwise, its kinda dumb unless im missing something. 

1 min ago, redfishkiller said:

This is a fact, I never seen the big deal with lobster, I'd rather eat blue gill lol

pizza as an example. 

I crave a specific joint in my hometown and its absolutely nothing special....its nostalgia more than anything. 

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

that makes sense. I see people talking about cooking fish (and other stuff for that matter) on the grill, in foil, a lot though. 

I could see to keep fish smell out of the house, or if its too hot to cook inside, but otherwise, its kinda dumb unless im missing something. 

Yea somewhat pointless unless your having steak and bream.

how lucky am i

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

pizza as an example. 

I crave a specific joint in my hometown and its absolutely nothing special....its nostalgia more than anything. 

I was just thinking about how you guys argue over pizza,  I could care less, thick ,thin meat no meat, frozen, pizza hut, I dont give a **** lol.

But dont **** with my bbq!

how lucky am i

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

just toss that wrap in the oven and be done with it. unless we are talking an outside women's propane oven. then its 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other I guess. ive seen people bragging about  cooking foil wrapped stuff on charcoal :laugh:

"Outside women's propane oven"

I lol'd

how lucky am i