need help with a freshwater lmb spinning rod for kayak

I have found a very good deal on a high end spinning rod i would intend to use for spotted bass and largemouth bass in a lake from my 10' kayak..

My question, is a 7'3" rod too long for this.. i'm new to kayak fishing.....  i already have a 6'6" spinning rod a 7' baitcast and a 6'8 baitcast.    

I would use the new 7'3" rod for shakeyheads...  weightless worms...  and flukes on light jigheads.

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!

1 min ago, Sweetwater said:

Extra fast rods are one dimensional. If you are getting out with a limited number of rods, it is nice for them to do  multiple jobs. Just sayin'. 

interesting point.  how'd you get so smart?

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!

24 mins ago, Thumb-Burner said:

Powell Endurance 732 ML EF

Heard good things about Powell rods. Good luck with it!

1 hour ago, Thumb-Burner said:
12 mins ago, Sweetwater said:

Extra fast rods are one dimensional. If you are getting out with a limited number of rods, it is nice for them to do  multiple jobs. Just sayin'. 

I would use the new 7'3" rod for shakeyheads...  weightless worms...  and flukes on light jigheads.

I'd say it's perfect for those techniques!

I don't work a lot. 

Here's my take: you have room for three rods. You want them to serve as many purposes as possible. I would have a light fast rod for shakeys and small cranks/spinners, etc, a middle power, mod fast rod for cranks and topwater and a flippin stik style rod for spinnerbaits, larger cranks and carolona rigging. With that spread I should be able to fish anything from 1/16- 1 3/8 ounces fairly well. 

I have become too old to drink bourbon on the rocks. I will still drink it in the parking lot. 

Ended up going with a Denali Fission 6'10" medium action.  Found a great deal on a new one.  Stay tuned for a review