Seven Great Whites Spotted Today In Cape Cod Bay

Rate this topic

On 6/26/2019 at 11:31 AM, flylikabird said:

The potential for a new problem in NJ might actually be a good thing for Massachusetts.  

How you ask?

Massachusetts has always been a copy cat state.   Once they see another state having success, they then copy said state.

I hope NJ has a seal and shark problem soon and then fix it!   :poopfan:

NJ Politicians would never fix anything   

Edited by UncleJohn

On 6/29/2019 at 11:55 AM, beerdoh said:

Just pray that Bull Sharks don’t start traveling this far north. Those of us who deep wade in tidal rivers will have to think twice. 

That's a thought. As water temperatures rise, their range will expand northwards.  

Do bull sharks have any documented history of preying on seals? No reason why they shouldn't; they are generalist predators, they can be large, and the mouth is large (as compared, for example, to a thresher.)

Lord and Shark Master & master of ceremonies of all things Great White, Greg Skomal spotted 11 new sharks and tagged one yesterday.  He also gave insight to a video clip from last year when he was spooked out on the extended pulpit by a White Shark that snapped up at him attempting to stick her.   I now forget where I got the link from but essentially it was more Atlantic White Shark Conservatory promotional fodder.  Heck he may or may not have seen it linked here and made sure it was taken down.   Who knows?  :naughty:     

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato