Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

I will try to stop at Oyster Bay town clerk office to see if I can dig some more info on this one.

Crazy and unbelievable.

Im wondering if this is just the swimming section of the beach? If you walk  east beyond  the boundary flags then it is no longer Tobay property ...

5 mins ago, dc1874 said:

Im wondering if this is just the swimming section of the beach? If you walk  east beyond  the boundary flags then it is no longer Tobay property ...

Light weight back pac it out.

ILLEGAL to fish tobay.

13 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Dan called town permit office today , said they never heard of such permit 

Been getting this permit for many, many years.  Before anyone complains about getting one it's the only free fishing permit that I know of other than the marine registry,

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, YakDawg said:

Been getting this permit for many, many years.  Before anyone complains about getting one it's the only free fishing permit that I know of other than the marine registry,

For residents only ? 

And  what about all the restaurant customers ? They need night parking permits too ? 

Edited by Wire For Fire

17 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

hopefully this puts a lid on the news12/youtuber shark fishing.

No way...he sets up shop around 730pm

56 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

For residents only ? 

And  what about all the restaurant customers ? They need night parking permits too ? 

Yes oyster bay permit is free and for TOB (Oyster Bay) residents only, also allows access to Teddy Roosevelt beach in Bayville

Sign says "Night Fishing Only - No Fishing 7 PM to 7 AM  - Permit Required" yet the town website says the night fishing hours are are from 9 PM to 7 AM.  I just called to clarify the time and I was told that 9 PM is the correct start time and that the sign will be fixed.  I also asked if the permit was required to fish or park and I was told it's only needed to park and I was quickly hung up on.  

http://oysterbaytown.com/departments/parks/beaches/

NIGHT SURF FISHING PERMIT

These permits are free for all Town of Oyster Bay residents looking to fish at any Town of Oyster Bay beach between the hours of 9PM and 7AM. A permit can be obtained by mailing in the application or by visiting the Beaches Office. Please bring vehicle registration.
(Click here for Night Surf Fishing Application)

So..without the permit what time will they start ticketing cars?

Sunset or 9pm? The booth closes at 5pm addmission is free at that point. Or are you not allowed in at all without the permit?

Never had a problem there the nassau police and security were always quite friendly and very interested to see what we were catching.

2 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

hopefully this puts a lid on the news12/youtuber shark fishing.

Efff that tool bag ... he should feel responsible for all this mess .. loose lips sunk a big ship this time ..