Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FEW3

It was bad at the ditch today.

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rst3 said:

Hoohaaas and chuckles aside....

seriously: how many fish, percentage-wise, are culled via poaching? Does it match the percentage that are killed by guthooked J-hooks run on mackerel from boats in CCB?

I doubt it.

And no-- this isn't a post to rip on boaters. Surfcasting fphcks up it's fair share of fish too.

For all the talk about poaching-- which is no doubt a detestable, scummy activity-- nobody comes with the real numbers. 

What sort of crap are we really talking about here? 5% of fish mortality? Maybe 10?? I doubt much more.

For all the madness surrounding scum-of-the-earth poachers...blocking in cars til EPO arrives... beating them up...risking a criminal record......(¬_¬)

>> seriously: are poachers really the reason for our population problems? 

I doubt it.

:th:

13 hours ago, ged said:

No chance of catching locals on dirt bikes near the canal, ask me how I know. The only chance is waiting by a parked truck. 

15618116699646256566804889099562.jpg

I biked the entire mainlaind side of the canal this morning and didn’t see any suspicious activity. Didn’t see very many fish either.  These guys were trying to muscle me out of my spot. There were 5 of them lined up when I left. 

E24EF986-5F25-4CDE-82B6-718456CA451D.jpeg

On 6/22/2019 at 11:29 PM, speedwell said:

Here's a thought - where are the rods? Were they carrying them and put them in the car? or are they the courier for their buddy still down on the Ditch?

Holy $hit, they didnt hVe rods!

I gotta chime in. The fish belong to everyone not just anyone in particular so poachers are stealing from everyone.

Ethics is what we do when we think no one is watching and that cannot be taught because either you have ethics or you don't.

Thanks for watching.

4 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

FEW is the first guy to use a DCF caseworker to vouch for his honesty to a squirrel cop. 

Dinghy can always make me chuckle.....thx bud

On 6/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, z-man said:

What he really meant is chasing kids on dirt bikes is more fun. The dirt bikes really aren’t causing any issues. 

Have you ever owned property where the dirt bikes ride through, rutting it up and the next big rainstorm washes out a good part of your land??? Or how about the little bastids ripping up a newly planted field or start blowing donuts in an access road.  Let them ride on their own land...……...

Rant over...…...

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Have you ever owned property where the dirt bikes ride through, rutting it up and the next big rainstorm washes out a good part of your land??? Or how about the little bastids ripping up a newly planted field or start blowing donuts in an access road.  Let them ride on their own land...……...

Rant over...…...

some people ride with respect.....just like some fish with respect...there is a trend here