Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FEW3

It was bad at the ditch today.

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Sand Eel said:

Start a FB and Instagram group called Mass Poachers. We can all take pics and Mov and post and tag, with EPO tag. how long can they ignore it?? If this Forum alone all followed it would be 1000+…we all have devices.

I like the way you think Sir.

Sounds like they are down at the ditch bagging poachers and other violations? If so, this is a great thing! With the fines that they could be collecting, I see this only as a win-win. More fines, more money, more staff to bag more violators. At some point it will balance out hopefully.

Future of it all? With technology, at some point we will all be on camera with exacting identify matching and criminals will be collected and processed by drone bots that can also use some records and statistics to determine violators penalties based on past violations and what works/does not. These same bots can then patrol and respond to areas based on trending patterns of violations. 

...or they will get frustrated, shut down fishing in the canal and these poaches will go to the next barrel of fish...  

Internet tough guys calling others on here a ***** because they dont want to get shot for a fish. I mean if you're gonna die on a hill I guess you are the ones, maybe you'll get a parking lot named in your honor or striper tournament for your efforts lol.

Posted (edited) · Report post

48 mins ago, NHAngler said:

Sounds like they are down at the ditch bagging poachers and other violations? If so, this is a great thing! With the fines that they could be collecting, I see this only as a win-win. More fines, more money, more staff to bag more violators. At some point it will balance out hopefully.

Future of it all? With technology, at some point we will all be on camera with exacting identify matching and criminals will be collected and processed by drone bots that can also use some records and statistics to determine violators penalties based on past violations and what works/does not. These same bots can then patrol and respond to areas based on trending patterns of violations. 

...or they will get frustrated, shut down fishing in the canal and these poaches will go to the next barrel of fish...  

Trust me on this one, unless it's a national security thing, the canal will never be closed to fishing.   The mere suggestion of it is laughable.

Edited by bob_G

1 hour ago, scooleen74 said:

Internet tough guys calling others on here a ***** because they dont want to get shot for a fish. I mean if you're gonna die on a hill I guess you are the ones, maybe you'll get a parking lot named in your honor or striper tournament for your efforts lol.

Pretty sure people were joking. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, HanoverStriper said:

Folifish was absolutely not joking...

Nor was I! @HanoverStriper is *absolutely* a "kitty cat surfcaster"!

Plus, I am definitely an internet tough guy! I've got tear stripes tattooed on my face to prove it! 

ezgif-5-b1f5525db2c0.gif.6528d2b2f37d1c588d58e28f039f093b.gif

Edited by rst3

Its just another thing cops dont want to have to do in fear of being labeled racists or they simply dont want to deal with the language barrier. Dont be sensitive, if you didnt see the china town fire drill going on lastyear, you either didnt fish the canal or you are lying to yourself.

Asked one EPO if they had any plans to step up there game at the canal, he told me that chasing kids on dirtbikes was the bigger issue.

do your job, and dont be a dink either.

2 hours ago, HookLine&Sinker said:

Asked one EPO if they had any plans to step up there game at the canal, he told me that chasing kids on dirtbikes was the bigger issue.

What he really meant is chasing kids on dirt bikes is more fun. The dirt bikes really aren’t causing any issues. 

Or that there aren't enough violations at the Canal worth investing the effort. :kook: If they ever showed up at the right time, they could spend all day just writing up license violations, let alone nailing poachers.

33 mins ago, z-man said:

What he really meant is chasing kids on dirt bikes is more fun. The dirt bikes really aren’t causing any issues. 

No chance of catching locals on dirt bikes near the canal, ask me how I know. The only chance is waiting by a parked truck. 

Hoohaaas and chuckles aside....

seriously: how many fish, percentage-wise, are culled via poaching? Does it match the percentage that are killed by guthooked J-hooks run on mackerel from boats in CCB?

I doubt it.

And no-- this isn't a post to rip on boaters. Surfcasting fphcks up it's fair share of fish too.

For all the talk about poaching-- which is no doubt a detestable, scummy activity-- nobody comes with the real numbers. 

What sort of crap are we really talking about here? 5% of fish mortality? Maybe 10?? I doubt much more.

For all the madness surrounding scum-of-the-earth poachers...blocking in cars til EPO arrives... beating them up...risking a criminal record......(¬_¬)

>> seriously: are poachers really the reason for our population problems? 

I doubt it.