Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FEW3

It was bad at the ditch today.

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

Has there been an increase in EPO officers since the start of charging for saltwater fishing licenses? If we up the price would they put more money into funding the EPO properly. I'd pay $50 a year for a license to make sure there isn't poachers or litterers around. Hell I'd pay way more than that to eliminate the scum. 

Just a pleasant update regarding the BPD. They have been out in force, on ACOE property tagging illegally parked cars.  Showing no mercy.  Day and night. I've seen it myself. One ticket was $150 and written at 2am.

Kudos to them. :clap:

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Wise words no doubt, but when your as passionet about a sport or a species of fish you take the risk or whine on the internet, your choice...…………..

Years ago, we came upon a well know citizen and business man in our small town, with an illegal doe he had shot.  Long story short, four of us stayed with the guy and another went to call the police, he was arrested, charged and fined and the embarrassment stayed for life...………….

Call me a p...y Bernie, but I'm not blocking someone in and risking confrontation over a fish. 

34 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

Call me a p...y Bernie, but I'm not blocking someone in and risking confrontation over a fish. 

Why not in another time who ever the person or person where they went for a swim gear and all . No problem the next time you saw them they got the message and did the right thing. Poachers and especially those who made casts over some one from the road above any one fishing below. That rule was enforced by most of the regulars and you were not given any quarter first time or not

Start a FB and Instagram group called Mass Poachers. We can all take pics and Mov and post and tag, with EPO tag. how long can they ignore it?? If this Forum alone all followed it would be 1000+…we all have devices.

44 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

Cuckc.jpg.b567adc3ff1d22501f017f21e3d39c0b.jpg

;).

Posted (edited) · Report post

Back in the day poaching stripers was non existent because: 

1. The minimum size was 16" to the fork of the tail.

2. No license of any kind was required.

3. Anyone could sell fish, because again, no license was needed and there was no quota or seasonal closure.

Most canal highliners had backroom deals with local restaurants. We sold canal fresh fish directly to the owner and were paid more than a whole market would pay. This was a perfectly acceptable practice at the time.

Edited by bob_G

The combination of this reality -- plus a string of poor spawning years -- led to the collapse of the fishery in the 80s.

Thankfully, attitudes and fish care practices have largely changed for the better since the good old days. Today's downturn in population, while moderately severe, does not begin to touch the lows experienced 30+ years ago.

One side point to consider though: while fishermen are generally more responsible today,  and have a higher size limit to boot, there are many more anglers pressuring the population vs 30 years ago. Also the tackle, techniques and general knowledge are much better than what was standard many years ago. 

4 hours ago, b-ware said:

Plus, block in their vehicle so the can't move then call a law enforcement agency and tell them you are holding the suspects then  see how fast they get there...……….

As much as we would all like to do that I think you are opening yourself up for trouble detaining someone like that.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, HanoverStriper said:

P U _ _ Y !

Edited by FoliFish

1 hour ago, HanoverStriper said:

Steve, I am not going to call any one names for being honest...…………...

23 mins ago, robc22 said:

I would not block anyone in.......That can get you in trouble. It's known as an illegal detainer. If you have interpreted the situation wrong you can get in REAL trouble. Let the cops deal with it.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/detainer

I'ts called stupid parking and the cops are never around when you need them, and that being said you are nor "detaining" any one, they are free to come and go as they please...……….