Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FEW3

It was bad at the ditch today.

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

I put my kids in their rubber room at my parents so they cant get hurt at the canal. Dads white cell are up since  tuesdays " hard chop " chemo round. Kids sat inside all day on devices safe from the canal dangers. Anyhow, pulled up to a lot that easily holds 4 cars and a motorcycle, but people park like idiots. Wasnt goint to fish, just wanted to see how bad it was. Two " tan guys were approaching a car in the lot. One guy was caryying a fish, the other had a contractor bag with three spine lines showing. I rolled the window down, one guy said " hi" and i said " how many are in that trash bag?" Complete shutdown from them at that point. Trash bag was put in the back and a sheet of some sort pulled over the whole deal. Though about parking behind them but didnt know if they were low intelligence " dinghy " types so i backed up, snapped a pic, and let let them leave. Heres the car, plates, and all.

( in all honesty, if they were a "dinghy" type of guy, And did something stupid, id just throw it in low, call the attorney, and put a subaru in the canal.)

Long story short,

Watch for these poachers.20190622_162651.jpg.3d20462804625e36467ab27aec8ea42e.jpg

17 mins ago, heyblue34 said:

800-632-8075

Nope, skip dispatch, report online. It goes directly to the EPOs. Dispatch is up north. Call dispatch , they call so and so and ...

Called last weekend, twice. Spot near the canal at sunrise. Waited an hour between calls and gave very specific details.

After I left I met a friend in foxboro to pick a rod to repair it for him and an EPO is in the same lot just sitting. 

Go to be kidding me. 

I give up, lets see what happens. You speak mandarin or Portuguese? Sidenote, my stepdaughter us fluent in mandarin

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here's a thought - where are the rods? Were they carrying them and put them in the car? or are they the courier for their buddy still down on the Ditch?

Edited by speedwell

8 hours ago, FEW3 said:

I give up, lets see what happens. You speak mandarin or Portuguese? Sidenote, my stepdaughter us fluent in mandarin

Ive been getting very good at pidgin and sign language lately. :cool:

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, speedwell said:

Here's a thought - where are the rods? Were they carrying them and put them in the car? or are they the courier for their buddy still down on the Ditch?

Exactly this... These are the real poachers and have a program... They are either commercial guys with a partner or someone with a buddy nearby that they are gifting fish to. I'll bet there was 1 or more down at the shore that was catching and runners to move the fish to another location. Likely another guy with large coolers in a parking lot somewhere. Saw this happen on the south side of the cape this spring. Guy caught some schoolies, kept them, and within the hour another vehicle pulled up to come haul them away. I called the MEP but nobody came. 

Just read a recent article where the MEP caught 5 poachers in the cape Ann area and had 39 undersized fish. So they are doing something somewhere but seems like selective hearing to the reports. Guessing the canal looks like the ghetto to the EPO's with illegal fishing activity and they are avoiding it in fear for their own safety or some other conflicts. 

I have only heard that the EPO's are not responsive and witnessed it once this year. However, I think it may take exposing the problem and lack of attention to the vices of the media for an impact. The impact could go in the other direction though and could mean a closure. Sites owned by the ACE will prioritize the reason for the site and easier to shut an activity down than to manage it. 

Edited by NHAngler

A group of like minded anglers, with go pros, spread out in parking lots, and on the banks, collecting video, like a neighborhood watch and then hand feeding it to the news stations (they don't do any journalism that can't be done on google they want everything handed to them)  or putting it on YouTube to embarrass the State is the only way anything will happen.

4 mins ago, skyhunter said:

A group of like minded anglers, with go pros, spread out in parking lots, and on the banks, collecting video, like a neighborhood watch and then hand feeding it to the news stations (they don't do any journalism that can't be done on google they want everything handed to them)  or putting it on YouTube to embarrass the State is the only way anything will happen.

Plus, block in their vehicle so the can't move then call a law enforcement agency and tell them you are holding the suspects then  see how fast they get there...……….

I was in Law Enforcement for 25 years.  I would recommend avoiding confrontation.  People are NUTS.  Also don't do anything alone.

But collecting evidence on video, log books of dates, times, suspect descriptions and Reg #s are gold.  That is why I like Go Pros, people do some dumb ****e when they don't know they are being recorded.

We can not rely on MEP et al. to do it for us.  There are just not enough eyes or hours.   

1 hour ago, skyhunter said:

I was in Law Enforcement for 25 years.  I would recommend avoiding confrontation.  People are NUTS.  Also don't do anything alone.

But collecting evidence on video, log books of dates, times, suspect descriptions and Reg #s are gold.  That is why I like Go Pros, people do some dumb ****e when they don't know they are being recorded.

We can not rely on MEP et al. to do it for us.  There are just not enough eyes or hours.   

Wise words no doubt, but when your as passionet about a sport or a species of fish you take the risk or whine on the internet, your choice...…………..

Years ago, we came upon a well know citizen and business man in our small town, with an illegal doe he had shot.  Long story short, four of us stayed with the guy and another went to call the police, he was arrested, charged and fined and the embarrassment stayed for life...………….

19 mins ago, b-ware said:

Wise words no doubt, but when your as passionet about a sport or a species of fish you take the risk or whine on the internet, your choice...…………..

Years ago, we came upon a well know citizen and business man in our small town, with an illegal doe he had shot.  Long story short, four of us stayed with the guy and another went to call the police, he was arrested, charged and fined and the embarrassment stayed for life...………….

That's the way to do it.  At least Suspect +1. Or in your case +4