codfish

Commercial season starts Monday

Rate this topic

319 posts in this topic

Just now, Kones1 said:

Tim I like this site for all the reasons and more that you mentioned. I was a founder of the lurer builders trade page. I learned how to build on here and can’t thank you all enough. I meet people here. Made friends here.  Please don’t insult me that way about “my” negativity Bob as it may very well be I’ve been a bit jaded by what I’ve been exposed to. Follow now ?

I’m not insulting you, neither was Bob. You said Bob’s post made it clear it’s ‘all about the $$$$’ - I asked you to walk me through it.  How is Bob all about the money? He’s collected exactly the same amount of money as all the moderators here - zero dollars. That’s zero dollars per year times how ever many years they’ve been helping out here. So Bob’s grand total, if my math is correct, is $0.00. Corrected for inflation, it’s still zero dollars. 

 

The notion that anyone is doing anything ‘for the $$$$’ here is absurd - I own the place and I don’t do it for the $$$$ and never have. Pretending that people post ‘for the $$$$’ is a cop out. That’s why I asked you to please walk me through how you envision Bob’s post was mad ‘for the $$$$’....I’d sincerely like to hear your thoughts.

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Kones1 said:

Does this site generate revenue?

Does Bob get paid? Do you suspect I told Bob to protect the ‘fresh meat’ from angry, negative people? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Kones1 said:

My negativity scares away new meat ? Really. So don’t express a negative opinion cuz it mite scare away hits. $$$$$$$$$$$ what ?

New meat? Hits? $$$$$? Seriously, what percentage of total visits on this website do you imagine come from this forum?  It has nothing to do with money or new ‘meat’ - it has to do with the principle this site was founded on: treat people the way you want to be treated. I haven’t read enough of your angry rants to be tired of them yet, apparently others on this forum have. Being angry and negative isn’t an opinion, it’s disruptive. Feel free to participate respectfully in all the discussions you would like to - please keep your posts on topic and respectful. I’m gonna do a better job of paying attention to your posts :)

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

hey, If Bob's getting $$$ from SOL I'd like some too please...

No money, but a new Escalade every year. Tim, how about a red one this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bob_G said:

No money, but a new Escalade every year. Tim, how about a red one this year.

Lol...I haven't had a new truck in fifteen years and I'm getting one before I start giving them away :bucktooth:

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, capequahog said:

if it does what's your point/

I believe his point is, if the site generates money then obviously when someone asks someone to stop being angry and negative all the time it's because of the money and not because people just get tired of angry and negative folks :) We want this site to be a place folks want to visit...not because of $$$$$$$ but because that's how we want it :wave:

 

Differing opinions are and always have been welcome - lots of pointless negative rants not so much. Folks are welcome to discuss anything they'd like here as long as it's done respectfully. Criticism is always welcome provided it's respectful and is geared to constructive criticism instead of rants :th:

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bob_G said:

No money, but a new Escalade every year. Tim, how about a red one this year.

I think Tim meant accolade. Sorry ...:p

Edited by GuiltyAsCharged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope someone is making money off all these banners popups and hijacks. This is the most commercial site I visit. Even you tube doesn't freeze or hijack my phone the way this one does. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I sure hope someone is making money off all these banners popups and hijacks. This is the most commercial site I visit. Even you tube doesn't freeze or hijack my phone the way this one does. 

 

 

Yeah I agree I get the you've won a new iphone pop ups and warning you have a virus bs all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimS said:

..... people just get tired of angry and negative folks :) We want this site to be a place folks want to visit...not because of $$$$$$$ but because that's how we want it :wave:

 

 

TimS

Huh?

Sure seems to me the general flavor of the forums is to encourage the strife. Soon the regional forums will just be branches of the PG forum. 

Angry negative folks seem to provide the bulk of the hits for your sponsers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimS said:

I believe his point is, if the site generates money then obviously when someone asks someone to stop being angry and negative all the time it's because of the money and not because people just get tired of angry and negative folks :) We want this site to be a place folks want to visit...not because of $$$$$$$ but because that's how we want it :wave:

 

Differing opinions are and always have been welcome - lots of pointless negative rants not so much. Folks are welcome to discuss anything they'd like here as long as it's done respectfully. Criticism is always welcome provided it's respectful and is geared to constructive criticism instead of rants :th:

 

TimS

Tim words of wisdom on how to operate a top notch web site , that at times and unfortunately things happen that sort of takes away all of the hard work that has been the standard here for others to follow. It began as a family site and as long as every one respects that, it will continue into the future . No matter how one tries for what ever reason or reasons we will find some angry posts, but in the majority of cases they get worked out like adults and that is how it should be. Peace Brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.