codfish

Commercial season starts Monday

Rate this topic

319 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, aglenn said:

What kind of logic says to use last years unused quota for this year. I want to know who thought that was a good idea. What's the point of having a quota

They didn't add anything..If they go over the quota, that amount gets subtracted from following year. Last year started with a subtracted quota

2 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I think they will fill it or get at least 80%. There is fish around and once they get out there they will find them.

Did they get 80% last year?

8 hours ago, Riptide said:

They won't hit 50% of the quota this season.    Anyone want the over/ under on 50%?

I’ll take the over, easy bet, might not get 100%, but 65 to 70 will be easy.

9 hours ago, codfish said:

The bet to wager, is this the last season for commercial bass fishing in MA??

Unfortunately the MA commercial bass fishing won’t stop until they are extinct. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

easily over, they will fill probably 95-100% this year, remember no trophy season and a delayed migration, those fish are all showing up last 2 weeks and now. They will get them. The canal commerical guys will probably struggle as always, but the boat guys will slay them. I went out Sunday and we landed about 35 bass 34inch + in about 3 hours. 

Edited by canalsharpie

On 6/23/2019 at 1:23 AM, zak-striper said:

i can tell you what pole number will have a poaching operation going on once commercial season starts. I saw it multiple times last year.

Don't need a pole #, just watch the stairs.  Barrels full of fish swimming up the stairs.

**** commercial fishing.  It’s not all about the amount of fish they kill but there tactics.  You will see hundreds of boats at some bay side beaches at night right on the beach in casting distance from shore.  Just marking fish on there electronics and dropping eels on there heads.  I’ve watched fleets of commercial scum kill whole schools of fish that real anglers like me would have been catching from shore!   

6 mins ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

**** commercial fishing.  It’s not all about the amount of fish they kill but there tactics.  You will see hundreds of boats at some bay side beaches at night right on the beach in casting distance from shore.  Just marking fish on there electronics and dropping eels on there heads.  I’ve watched fleets of commercial scum kill whole schools of fish that real anglers like me would have been catching from shore!   

Must have been a bummer for Barmmer.........

3 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

The only real guarantee  is that the recreational fishermen will not meet their quota and will continue to kill long after the come are out of business

#gamefishstatus