codfish

Commercial season starts Monday

Rate this topic

319 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

i can tell you what pole number will have a poaching operation going on once commercial season starts. I saw it multiple times last year.

Edited by zak-striper

Correction.... Commercial season starts at night before the day of. :dismay:

I also wonder how much of that quota they're gonna fill this year. There was a struggle to fill it last year. I don't remember if that quota ever got filled. This year it's 869,813 lbs of striped bass to catch. That's about 41,000 fish averaging about 21lbs. That's a lot of fish!

5 hours ago, zak-striper said:

i can tell you what pole number will have a poaching operation going on once commercial season starts. I saw it multiple times last year.

Sad stuff

8 hours ago, zak-striper said:

Those poaching operations are an all year event

25 mins ago, TonyO said:

Those poaching operations are an all year event

I heard that people are now catching fish all year and wrapping them and freezing them whole to sell them during commercial.:dismay:

34 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I heard that people are now catching fish all year and wrapping them and freezing them whole to sell them during commercial.:dismay:

I absolutely believe that. I heard rumors of that a few years ago. If frozen and thawed properly, those fish will be almost discernible from fresh. I don't know how you'd stop this?

46 mins ago, Riptide said:

They won't hit 50% of the quota this season.    Anyone want the over/ under on 50%?

I believe you.  Did they end up adding the unused portion of last years quota to this year?  

1 hour ago, Riptide said:

They won't hit 50% of the quota this season.    Anyone want the over/ under on 50%?

The bet to wager, is this the last season for commercial bass fishing in MA??

40 mins ago, z-man said:

I believe you.  Did they end up adding the unused portion of last years quota to this year?  

What kind of logic says to use last years unused quota for this year. I want to know who thought that was a good idea. What's the point of having a quota

3 hours ago, Riptide said:

I think they will beat 50%. Season may be extended and extra days added, but they beat 50%