TBYRD

Advice on CC home/cottage rental Aug. 8-11

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Looking to spend a long weekend with the wife and two boys within 20 mins of the Ditch.

Hoping for an air conditioned 2BR for under $150 a night... Cape or mainland.

Online searching only yields those properties posted by the huge listing services at astronomical prices.

I'd love to hear about your friend's/family's rental properties or advice on where to find local, unlisted info.

I'll treat the family of whomever gets us a place to beers and a backyard fish fry at the property during our stay.

Thanks in advance :howdy:

Todd 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Check listings for Plymouth, 15 minutes from the Ditch without the CC prices, great restaurants and shops downtown, nice beaches too.  I think most cottage rentals are 7 days, you might have to settle for a motel or B&B.

Edited by John O'

your dreaming for that price......asking for a whole house for less than what it cost for hotels....at peak Summer rates.

Most houses go for full week at a time at about $2-3000 wk., and usually booked a full year in advance.

I would increase your food fare offer for full lobster dinners while you are at it. 

11 mins ago, FishRatz said:

your dreaming for that price......asking for a whole house for less than what it cost for hotels....at peak Summer rates.

Most houses go for full week at a time at about $2-3000 wk., and usually booked a full year in advance.

I would increase your food fare offer for full lobster dinners while you are at it. 

Your exactly right, my uncle rents his house out on big sandy for 3k a week in the summer

We have a great two bedroom cottage almost done with renovation and just steps away from town cove in Orleans with water views if you’re interested for a weekly rental. 

Have you tried air bnb .com?

i just did a quick search in sandwich with your dates and 122 places came up ranging from $100-300+ per night

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys!  Keep 'em coming.

I may use up my Marriott points and stay in Wareham if a private place doesn't pan out.

I just rented 2 2 br places (the whole duplex) for Memorial Day weekend. Early season prices and like 60% of what the summer prices are. I paid $540 a night for both. They were within a block from the beach and were nice but not amazing in any way. Most places you see on Vrbo will be weekly during the summer and the fees.. oh the fees... Fees are crazy. Cleaning fee, service fee, tax, etc. I got my guy to waive the cleaning fee and pet fee but even with the others was still much more than advertised. 

BE CAREFUL if you look on craigslist too. Lots and lots of scammers. Should be clear when they seem too good to be true and also when they ask you to mail a deposit to hold the place before telling/asking anything else. 

Or consider camping if that is your thing... 

If camping is option sandy pond camp ground is pretty nice, personally haven’t stayed there but have visited the general store they have . Very nice location, access to nice fresh water pond, short trip to canal, ya can take bornedale rd off  head of the bay rd which drops ya right at the herring run ...easy peasy no rotaries probably a 5 min ride

Edited by Vaporizor

I’ve got Marriott points as well. Should be a new Hampton opening up hopefully by August closer to the ditch. Point rates are pretty high but you can get a 5th free night if you book 4 and want to extend your trip by a day. 

Edited by Searobin