Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. June 21 - June 28

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bass upwards of 28-30#’s *  Best times have been the last 2-3hrs of outgoing with overcast conditions, smashing topwater parrot colored presentations. Tuesday’s S-SE heavy blow with torrential downpours lead to over 10 fish in the 25-30# range and one blue at 13#’s. Hope the info is helpful, stay safe and keep them lines tight. 

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post locations in your reports here - thanks.

Worst spring ever for me  especially the middle bay, hardly any bait, no fish over 28 inches. and schoolie action is less then half for me. and people I know.

Posted (edited) · Report post

23 mins ago, bassing said:

Worst spring ever for me  especially the middle bay, hardly any bait, no fish over 28 inches. and schoolie action is less then half for me. and people I know.

I hear that; even though the beginning portion of early early May produced fish upwards of 37-42” for me all of which were hitting nothing but topwater. Seemed like it was either you had to jig them up or get them to commit on top this early season. I mean I didn’t have a single fish on a swimmer until probably around last week of May being a 8-9# blue. Last year May through mid / late June it was all swimmers and topwater every evening around dusk didn’t matter on the tide; the bunker were in tight and thick. This year its a barren wasteland up north.. all my successes on bigger fish have been hugging the so-co coastline. 

Edited by SouthCoastSurfFishermen

Fished from Blue Shutters to the other side of the rocks (and back) Sunday night from ~6-10.  One small schoolie around 22 inches.  Only real highlight was watching the Ospreys dive bomb bait fish for the last hour of daylight