BrianBM

Tranny cooler for 4runner

49 posts in this topic

I feel confident enough to take it on myself which def provides some significant savings. Mine is a 2000 so warranty is no longer a concern but I see your point. Great trucks either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, BrianBM said:

No doubt. However, as my wife keeps reminding me, I'm hopeless with tools and at my worst with autos.  And Toyota (along with everyone else) hedges their warranties with disclaimers about aftermarket component installations. If the headlights give out, they'll blame the cooler. 

 

I won't be towing, and won't be on the beach in the hottest part of the year (if for no other reason, the plovers). So, I'll let that concern slide. I am annoyed that Toyota's forthcoming Safety Sense 2.0 will remain worst-in-class, but what the heck? Jeeps are for people who like fixing things. The Ranger (USA edition) is off a new production line, the Durango is no longer 4x4, and there is no Xterra. 

Your constant posts about hating on jeeps gets pathetic. Have you ever personally owned one?  I've owned 5 and other than water pumps in my 90s models they have been dead reliable. Jeep hasn't had constant issues of frames rotting out....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

Your constant posts about hating on jeeps gets pathetic. Have you ever personally owned one?  I've owned 5 and other than water pumps in my 90s models they have been dead reliable. Jeep hasn't had constant issues of frames rotting out....

He hasn't bought anything yet. Could take another 5 years. I have had a few Jeeps, Never had bad problems with them. I have a 2012 Jeep Liberty, I'll put against anything he gets on the beach. It's got a 1" lift new suspension system that I wanted, came stock with external oil and trans cooler, I also put on a Power steering cooler. She's Black and she's bad on the beach.  I also hate when guys knock Jeeps without ever owning one, Well Brian don't have the 4 Runner yet also. Brian, Just buy the darn thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as available, I will.  I might wait for Feb-Mar-April to do so, don't want to look too eager when I sit down with a salesman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

As soon as available, I will.  I might wait for Feb-Mar-April to do so, don't want to look too eager when I sit down with a salesman.

Brian, I was in that business for 35 years, Hated it , but money was great. When your ready pm me. I'll tell you how to get the truck for invoice. Don't worry about looking eager, There eager to get the truck out the door, more than you want to buy it. I was with Toyo for awhile. Only if you vote Trump. LOL only kidding. 

Edited by hunter123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrianBM said:

As soon as available, I will.  I might wait for Feb-Mar-April to do so, don't want to look too eager when I sit down with a salesman.

You're getting cold feet.  I bet that next March you will be getting opinions about the Ford King Ranch and what size trailers it could tow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, Slacker said:

You're getting cold feet.  I bet that next March you will be getting opinions about the Ford King Ranch and what size trailers it could tow.

Nah, a Raptor, definitely a Raptor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"How do you guys think the new Raptor lithium ion hybrid with solar panel recharge system would do on the beach?  Should I wait until 2025... I hear that they are coming out with 15 speed manual that I think might add a mile per gallon or even two if properly managed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimichanga said:

I would need more information about the shocks before I could recommend the 2025 Raptor.

Oil cooled, 17 gallon reservoir which sits on the hood. Made of pure, virgin titanium from Botswana (conflict free of course). 

 

Perfect the the the TREACHEROUS Burma road!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Oil cooled, 17 gallon reservoir which sits on the hood. Made of pure, virgin titanium from Botswana (conflict free of course). 

 

Perfect the the the TREACHEROUS Burma road!

Is it bullet proof, could be some Japan army snipers still on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Is it bullet proof, could be some Japan army snipers still on the road.

Resistant to depleted uranium shells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.