italian hoagie

Rate this topic

coolhandfluke

2 mins ago, Billybob said:

Cavallo's in Watertown is the place.

Now pay attention.

You order an italian combo "Fishing Style" and the veggies are wrapped in wax paper, when you go to eat it the next day, you just roll off the wax paper and your grinder isn't all soggy. 

Brilliant , huh?

I did this for years but it got too difficult to explain to the dumb azzes in the grinder shops.  Had one guy refuse to make it.  Said he would have to charge me extra for a salad on the side.  I just eat them soggy now....

2 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Oh lord, is that mayo or come on there? :upck:

Give that **** to jase.

Hey man Google doesn't have all the answers.  I don't order my subs with condiments on them.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

5 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

oh come on now.  mystic island  has a wawa and nothing else. you must import your hoagies

The only time I hit Wawa for a hoagie (that's what they call them) is if it's 2am, I'm on the way to the tuna boat, and work prevented me from getting one yesterday.

-10 minutes up the road is the Gourment Deli, which is actually quite good.

- Opened up last year in Mystic is the Mystic Island Meat Market (on the corner of Munro's Marina), and they are actually quite good.

- I hear good things about L&M Deli on 9, by Wawa, but haven't gone.

- Naples pizzeria actually makes a very decent Italian sub.

- There is a Jersey Mike's by Worst Marine, but I only go there on very rare occasion when I want a hot Reuban with mustard and Kraut.

So believe it or not, there are options.

The second I saw the word "Hogie" I knew this thread was going to be a complete shoobie fail

"Hogies" are those crap arse sandwiches you gt at WaWa, you expect trash like bologna on them

"Subs" come from decent Italian deli's

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

The only time I hit Wawa for a hoagie (that's what they call them) is if it's 2am, I'm on the way to the tuna boat, and work prevented me from getting one yesterday.

- Opened up last year in Mystic is the Mystic Island Meat Market (on the corner of Munro's Marina), and they are actually quite good.

- There is a Jersey Mike's by Worst Marine, but I only go there on very rare occasion when I want a hot Reuban with mustard and Kraut.

wow...……..progress.    I remember seeing a post by you a number of years ago looking for a good hoagie cause you could not get one.    by the way, the jewelry shop still open and run by the same lady.

Fish come and go, but memories of fishing with family last forever.

4 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

And where do you lynch the rainbow crowd?

4 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Unrelated....I used to go to 4 c's sons sometimes for dinner.  Man do I miss that place.

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

4 mins ago, Sudsy said:

The second I saw the word "Hogie" I knew this thread was going to be a complete shoobie fail

"Hogies" are those crap arse sandwiches you gt at WaWa, you expect trash like bologna on them

"Subs" come from decent Italian deli's

so I spelled it wrong somewhere ?  **** happens

4 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Fish come and go, but memories of fishing with family last forever.