coolhandfluke

italian hoagie

Rate this topic

523 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MikeMc said:

Oh, you were so close, but ****ed it up in the end. 

not a fan of peppers of any kind on sandwiches. they overpower it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Even a piney like myself knows a sub is a sub.  Go eat a wawa hoagie.  

wawa hoagies suck. go **** yourself.

Edited by MikeMc

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

this is gonna go over like a fart in church but im not big on deli meat grinders/hogies whatever you want to call them...

It's.  An. Effing. Sandwich. 

The obsession these guys have with a sandwich deserves a clinical research paper.

I try everyone Tom gets on the Fluke.  They're good.  Certainly better than most.  Well except the cold, flaccid fried vegetable one.

But it's a sandwich. 

1 hour ago, mybeach said:

balogna and american cheese, lettuce tomato, salt on the tomato first, then mayo. A fantastic sub.

Excellent start.  Plus wonderbread toasted, fresh sliced Balogna.   Sometimes raw onion sliced super thin and lots of black pepper from a locally owned gas station.  In summer the maters are homegrown.   $2.60. 

Pairs well with a bag of Hot Fries and or Funyuns, sixer of ice cold domestic cans and trip to a local farm pond. 

Murica muthaphukas.

9 mins ago, fishinambition said:

not a fan of peppers of any kind on sandwiches. they overpower it.

@ChumSlickJons pickled banana peppers are the tits on a sandwich. 

I can a chit ton of them.

5 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Have you tried liverwurst yet, jase?

Yeah.  I think I need to try a "good" brand.  I should like it, but the stuff I tried was not good.

6 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Bad or even mediocre liverwust is vomit. I hate liver worse than democrats but the good stuff is downright edible.

I went to a party little while back.  Super nice spread with an assortment of high end pate's.  Not something I've ever really eaten, but mah Gawd, they were good.  The foie gras one was insane.

2 hours ago, Markushook said:

At least it has Sarcone’s bread which is a huge plus. Def light on the meat

I know it sounds like sacrilege, but just think about the basics of the sandwich.  It's ham and cheese.  Mustard is a no brainer on ham and cheese.

Yes, it's provolone, not swiss, but still, it's cheese.  Maybe the ham is Capicola, but all that really is is spicy ham.  Salami, yeah, a little more spice.  Sometimes pepperoni, even more spice.

So by nature, the sandwich has spice to it.  Now, it's common to mellow it out some by throwing a salad on it (lettuce, tomato, onion), but instead of calming it down, why not stay on that track and amp it another notch or 4?

If you are friends with the sub shop owner, and I mean friends, not a “Hey Chachi, how ya doin?” relationship, but know them before they had kids type...when you order an Italian ask them to throw the meats on the flat top for a few seconds per side (seconds, not minutes), before making the sandwich. 

11 hours ago, Belmo said:

Where are you?

The classic Eye-Talian hoagie (get that sub horsespit out of here :dismay:) is gabagool, goudageen, and salami, with provolone, preferably sharp.

Bologna. :laugh:

He knows what belongs on a hoagie. The crew that made the sammiches don’t know despite the fact that they SHOULD know, given their close proximity to the Greater Delaware Valley.