cashews121

Fluke

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

Didn't really see much action on other boats yesterday. Saw 1 keeper get picked up on my way out and 1 more a little later in a different spot. No bites on the 5" white swimming mullet or the 4" white. Pink seems the way to go down here right now. Bite for shorts was a little better than a few trips last year. 1 keeper for me was nice but 2 would have been better. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Fished the "Wonder Rig" for the first time yesterday bayside, thought I'd try it.......it catches..

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

In the back it has been lots of shorts down here (Margate) with just a couple of keepers mixed in but no doormats for me... took my first trip out to the reef on Sunday when the fan finally shut off for a little while and put 3 in the box between 2 of us between 8-11:30a, one real nice fatty, and dropped the biggest one of the day on the first drop... that's gonna leave a scar...

Edited by fmtuna

Was at the Marina this morning....fella came in and said the draggers were 1/4 mile off the beach.......there ya go.

Like 2017 all over again...

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

19 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Was at the Marina this morning....fella came in and said the draggers were 1/4 mile off the beach.......there ya go.

Like 2017 all over again...

That explains a lot.  Isn't that against the law?

On June 24, 2019 at 11:18 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Fished the "Wonder Rig" for the first time yesterday bayside, thought I'd try it.......it catches..

Wonder with the smaller hook if you get a lot of gut hooked fish? I use mostly squid and sometimes the fluke do their best to absolute inhale them. 

2 hours ago, Spigola said:

That explains a lot.  Isn't that against the law?

Everything in NJ is against the law.......you know that.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:18 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Used it today, one short, could have done better if I didn't mistime the tide. Noticed the lighter "dropper" had a tendency to tangle. I like the action with the lighter line and smaller hook but feel like it needs a stiffer line to keep it away from the main line. Not sure this rig was made for casting, maybe it's better out of a boat?

8 hours ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Used it today, one short, could have done better if I didn't mistime the tide. Noticed the lighter "dropper" had a tendency to tangle. I like the action with the lighter line and smaller hook but feel like it needs a stiffer line to keep it away from the main line. Not sure this rig was made for casting, maybe it's better out of a boat?

Better out of a boat.....but true finesse fluking.

8 hours ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

What tide do you like?