cashews121

Fluke

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

I never ask questions here..but I am just curious how the Fluking is in Jersey..Sandy Hook Raritan etc... cause here in NY/Long Island its dreadful. Hope you guys have it better than we do.

Hope it's not water quality again....remember in 2017 there was a broken pipe that no one was talkin' about in the bay pumpin' stuff....hope this isn't the result of a spill or something along those lines.

i can’t speak for the ocean, but in the bays I’m willing to bet the water quality might have something to do with it. Rain run off that’s filled with tons of fertilizers from spring lawn care. But it’s just a shot in the dark and a sorry excuse for my dismal fluke performance Lolol 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I went twice and got nothing. On the second outing I ended up seeing some bluefish activity and caught a few with some swim baits just so I wasn’t skunked a second time.

Edited by aae0130

Well that`s sad..I thought it was only here in NY/Long Island.. I am not bothering driving to Long Island anymore..my usual spots are really really bad.

Either they're getting smart to seeing all the same **** or the gulps gone bad.  

My first try today.  :shrug:

20190622_153046.jpg.85409821ce90286e7edaeeacd8a28e83.jpg

I don't understand it, my fluke season has been stellar compared to the last two years. However I will say there have been a TON of shorts and even babies (6 inches tops). They've also been hyper aggressive. Dunno maybe it's just my area.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Nothing really improving and the head boats have switched to ling............we'll see tomorrow.

I know a guy who went on a head boat today, the whole boat got 6 keepers.  I know of 3 of us that got 6 keepers combined from land today.  :shrug:

We'll see.

Outfront this am I discovered I need a drift sock. Wasn’t prepared for the required 8 oz bucktail.

moved inside and picked up a bunch of shorts