Ben Lippen

Mower/small engine parts

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Gotta give a big shout out to Jacks small engine, and Jacks mower website .com thingy

Pop has an old Toro snowblower, and an old Toro ride on mower. 

This past fall when I dragged the blower out of the shed I noticed that a tiny little plastic elbow shaped bushing that protected the drive cable where it turned from the machine to the paddle handle had cracked and no longer worked. He went to the local power equipment company who told him the part wasn't available. He asked me to look "on the computer thing" and see if I could help.

After I got the model number off the machine, I searched up this Jacks company down in Md., and looked at their website. Found the model, and the blow up diagram that I was hoping for. Quickly found the part number and it was, indeed available. Ordered it for three dollars and change ( cost more for the shipping) and had it in hand and fixed the blower in three days.

Last month the mower went down. There's a little plastic or nylon kinda elbow block that the fuel line goes into, then goes into the carb.  It had cracked and was leaking fuel bad.

Again he goes to the local and again they tell him ya cant get it, buy a new mower.

He asks me to go back to Jacks and check. Same drill, find the model number, find the diagram, find the part number,... Bingo, order the part. Again, 3 dollars and change, plus shipping.

So this time, Pop says he needs a new blade for the mower. He had got one previously from that ****e local place for $33.36 w/out tax and shipping cause his son ordered it thru his local auto business. So I had the part number.

Went to Jacks mower site this time and couldn't find any help. So I called them. Gave them the part number from the bill of sale from 2013, and they say sure, no problem. That's a such and such replacement for your blade. How much? $32.25 with shipping.  Dollar and change less, shipped.

I mentioned that they had saved two machines, one twice, and that we could not get the parts locally, and he says I don't see why. This is a common part and we ship them often.

Anyway, long and drawn out, but if yer looking for a part for something like this give them a look see. 

I haven't used them but whenever I'm looking for stuff like that, fleabay has always been there for me. The cool thing is, a lot of times you'll get a letter from the seller saying they are a small business and appreciate your patronage. I've gotten handwritten letters before too. Not trying to take away from jacks and maybe ive even ordered from their fleabay store.  

I have used Jack's several times for various power tools over the years.  I have a 30+ year old Sensation Professional 21" lawn mower that was my father's that I pushed around as a teen.  I took it off his hands because he bought a lawn tractor. I bought many original spare parts through Jack's for it that will probably last me beyond my life including a 4hp Briggs short block when it's time to replace the engine. I still have the original engine.  The same goes for older Toro snow blower parts. Jack's is my go to place.  If they don't show it online, call them. 

Carb screwed up on mower. Toro 

was going to take it apart ?

found it on amazon 10 bucks / new

comes with a coil and primer buttons   The hole kit  18 bucks   What a deal 

I have had good luck with searspartsdirect. They have drawings to get part no. Then i use part no on google shopping/ amazon to verify. I have found jacks that way too.