jkrock

Concentration camps on the Southern Border

Rate this topic

436 posts in this topic

1 min ago, dena said:

The President may just be along for the ride, but they will get the credit, or blame depending on how things go during their term.

I do think a Persident can nudge things one way, or the other, and it shows in Obama's lackluster recovery from the Bush recession, and what ever magic Trump has bent the curve up steeper.

As Tom's chart illustrates, there was a similar run up under Obama. 

However, as I said, it's silly to pin the economy to the President. It's much smarter to look at fiscal policy as that's actually within a President's control. 

1 hour ago, fish'nmagician said:

racist republicans can't admit that he inherited a strong economy from Obama.

RACIST!  You Libs haven’t used that in a while. Nice to see the comeback.

Remind us again which of Obama’s policies led to the “strong economy” you speak of?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, fish'nmagician said:

racist republicans can't admit that he inherited a strong economy from Obama.

If you think 1% GDP growth the last six months of the Obummer administration with millions more in poverty, on food stamps and the lowest labor participation rate since the Carter Administration is a strong economy, then you are delusional, and or an economic mental midget.

Let me guess, hmmm, you must work for the government and play hide and seek for thousands a week.

Edited by Jay Blair

3 mins ago, Jay Blair said:

If you think 1% GDP growth the last six months of the Obummer administration with millions more in poverty, on food stamps and the lowest labor participation rate since the Carter Administration is a strong economy, then you are delusional, and or an economic mental midget.

Don’t bother, his workday is over and he won’t be back until tomorrow. 

5 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Don’t bother, his workday is over and he won’t be back until tomorrow. 

Yeah, he spends his work days playing on the computer, harassing us, socializing, and planning his next vacation and retirement. 

It is a tough job, but someone has to do it. :bigsmile:

Edited by Jay Blair

7 mins ago, Jay Blair said:

Yeah, he spends his work days playing on the computer, harassing us, socializing, and planning his next vacation and retirement. 

It is a tough job, but someone has to do it. :bigsmile:

Me too but I'm already retired. :beers:

2 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Me too but I'm already retired. :beers:

I have been stuck at LaGuardia for nearly three hours waiting for a flight south. My choices were to read economic or market research or argue with idiots. I must be an idiot....

4 mins ago, tomkaz said:

I have been stuck at LaGuardia for nearly three hours waiting for a flight south. My choices were to read economic or market research or argue with idiots. I must be an idiot....

Have a safe flight Tom.

12 mins ago, tomkaz said:

They stay here and post because you guys respond.  When did arguing with bricks get fun?

14 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Have a safe flight Tom.

It is a JetBlue flight from LGA to PBI, only two things to worry about: the parade of wheelchair passengers and the crush of people who refuse to sit down until near time for their section to board.

My favs are the Group 4 people of a certain age or ethnic disposition who push themselves to the front of the line, blocking the gate, before the call for passengers with disabilities. 

5706D50E-3308-4AFF-ABF4-8E3D5AF7A2A8.jpeg.a56b5e05dda3b1fa5825bb73ff60c9af.jpeg

Edited by tomkaz

2 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

They stay here and post because you guys respond.  When did arguing with bricks get fun?

Ah, it is fun with most of them, except the truly deranged, who will mostly get themselves banned, eventually.

And then there is that magical fella....

First time in history that there are 132k people per month illegally crossing the border, and are anxious to run the risk and being caught and being put in those terrible concentration camps; where they are both housed and fed.

Gosh, Americans are so cruel these invaders are coming by the millions. There must be other niceties we can provide for them, I hope there are at least oversized TV's, as they wait to be released into the land of free sh*t.

Edited by fish643

40 mins ago, Jay Blair said:

Let me guess, hmmm, you must work for the government and play hide and seek for thousands a week.

Guys an Idiot. What did you expect. I have him on my no read idot list, still see others commenting how stupid one can be.

Edited by hunter123

2 hours ago, KnewBee said:

the part I decided to leave out was not germane as the camps housing the illegal imigrants are not

Prisons.

POW Camps

Refugee camps (think Syria, Afghanistan, BoH, etc...)

Nor are they for large numbers of "displaced persons".

But you can be outraged.   Glad I could help.

Additionally, there are a variety of definitions and you could have found a better counterpoint.    The definitions vary to some degree.   

Refugee camps = people seeking asylum, I thinks that fits pretty well.