If You Need a Drivers License....

Rate this topic

Rip-Line

48 mins ago, Rip-Line said:

and an illegal immigrant, NYS now welcomes you! :dismay: Can't wait to see my insurance rates in the next few years! 

I'd me more concerned about the herb becoming legal.  Colorado has seen a marked increase in accidents.  That's not going to help insurance rates in the tri-state area.  Will probably affect me in NJ with all the NY stoners driving over

41 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

yup,

there is a LOT about this issue I feel ignorant on,

it gets a big emotional knee jerk negative response,

from myself included,

but I think it's a situation where the more you learn the more acceptable it might seem.

Grasshopper, I believe you're ready, as you have just snatched the pebble!

Translation: You made a reasonable post :)

Let all the blue states issue licenses to illegals, just makes it easier for ICE to hack the databases to identify, and deport them, more fodder for the 9th Circuit Judiciary to choke on and issue injunctions, it will be too little, too late.

The law of unintended consequences in action yet again.

foxnews.com

ICE to remove ‘millions of illegal aliens’ in US, Trump says, scant on details

Edmund DeMarche
2-3 minutes

President Trump late Monday announced on Twitter that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement will begin the process of “removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the U.S.,” but did not elaborate on what new measures will be taken.

“They will be removed as fast as they come,” Trump said.

Mark Morgan, the director of the agency, did not announce any new initiatives during his stop in Louisville on Sunday, where he spoke about the humanitarian and national security crisis at the border.

ICE did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News for comment.

An administration official said that the new effort would focus on the more than 1 million people who have been issued final deportation orders by federal judges but remain at large in the country.

“Countless illegal aliens not only violate our borders but then break the law all over again by skipping their court hearings and absconding from federal proceedings. These runaway aliens lodge phony asylum claims only to be no-shows at court and are ordered removed in absentia,” the official said. “... These judicial removal orders were secured at great time and expense, and yet illegal aliens not only refuse to appear in court, they often obtain fraudulent identities, collect federal welfare, and illegally work in the United States. Enforcing these final judicial orders is a top priority for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.”

Some in Trump’s administration believe that decisive shows of force — like mass arrests — can serve as effective deterrents, sending a message to those considering making the journey to the U.S. that it’s not worth coming.

Earlier this month, Trump announced that the U.S. reached a deal with Mexico that includes plans to return migrants seeking asylum to Mexico, where they will remain until they can be processed.

Trump praised Mexico in the tweet, saying the country has been doing a very good job at stopping those trying to gain access to the U.S. border.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

Maryland started giving licenses to illegals years ago.

Now we have to get on with the Real ID program, or my license will be invalid to fly on a plane, or enter a federal building. 

Be careful NYers, or you will be in the same boat. We also have the Motor Voter program where you are signed up to vote with getting your DL.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Just now, Markushook said:

Real ID, I believe is a national program. My license expires next January, I have to get a Real ID. I’m actually the last in my family to go about it.

It is, and came about because of illegals getting licenses using shady credentials from states like Maryland. 

Then using those newly minted state licenses to fly on planes, and enter federal buildings.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, Rip-Line said:

As of today. You needed to be a citizen to have a licence too, that is no longer the case.

That isn't true.   Spouse was a green card holder for years and she had a drivers license, as do so many other non-citizens.

I had an EU drivers license when I lived in Spain and I wasn't a Spanish Citizen, so I couldn't vote in their elections, same here in the U.S.

3 mins ago, KnewBee said:

That isn't true.   Spouse was a green card holder for years and she had a drivers license, as do so many other non-citizens.

I had an EU drivers license when I lived in Spain and I wasn't a Spanish Citizen, so I couldn't vote in their elections, same here in the U.S.

couldn't, or not allowed to.

Stupid Spanish, they probably checked IDs at the voting booth.  Unlike us.

8 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Didn't know that. Well, a green card your still here LEGALLY.

Edited by Rip-Line

55 mins ago, makorider said:

So if I go to DMV to get a licence, I have to have what, 7 points of ID including my last colonoscopy in hand.

These illegals run across the border with a pendaflex in hand?

Only American citizens are required to follow the laws of the country. Illegals can do whatever they want according to the liberals. They just have to show up in the country and say "i know nothing" and the door prizes start flowing their way. 

1 hour ago, Rickman said:

FEC should invalidate the votes of every state that intentionally allows illegals to vote, NY, CA, etc in a national election. That they vote illegally is known in most likely all states but the ones that ensure they vote must be punished. 

That is an interesting accusation.  Do you have evidence for such an accusation, or is that just an "opinion" that you hold based on...  what?