KurtGett

Will we find God again before it’s too late!

Rate this topic

306 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, mark77 said:

First you accuse me of misinterpreting your posts, then someone else. You're the one whose confused and should go back and reread what you say. 

Immoral, unethical? Get a  grip, at worst it was a mean-spirited joke in the tavern.

Respect, ego, plateaus? WTF is chessie going on about? Underhandedly saying he’s a better man bc he believes in a god?  Reality keeps my ego in check, and pot gets me off that plateau.  

Hey I get the jabs and throw them too in here. It’s done in jest and is understood as such. Sometimes I go farther than one would expect from someone who goes to mass on Sunday, but that’s just who I am and I’ll have to answer for that one day. But I know when you go after someone’s belief system, especially when they’ve made it apparent that it is pretty important to them it’s no different than going on about someone’s wife or kids. To some even worse than that. That’s where a set standard of which to work from could come in handy. You’d see that and be able to adjust. 

Maybe I was expecting a bit much when I went on my rant earlier. I’m used to the people around me that are willing to back up their stance on things when asked because they can. I respect that even if it’s from something I don’t subscribe to. That leads to some good conversations. Two educated sides that share their information in a light amicable way. I referenced Aristotle’s definition of good because it seems to be the only thing gnostic atheists have to use when speaking on morals and having some sort of ethical barometer. I was really looking for some sort of new explanation on how one with no template or structured set of guidelines has something to reference when saying they are good or not. Aristotle would say a cup is a good cup if it holds liquid. He said man is good if he can reason. That only goes so far though. That’s where I was going because you didn’t share much except trying to clobber people of belief into realizing that you have it all figured out and they’re wrong. Maybe you just didn’t need to question yourself or read because you were born with all the knowledge that people work for when they question themselves and their beliefs. Maybe weed has helped you skip the steps that scholars take when digging into the human psyche or studying history to better understand things that were and compare them to us and our world today. Maybe we should put down our Bibles and classics and forget our traditions and let you tell us how things were, are and should be. I mean, keeping all that knowledge to yourself seems awfully selfish and selfishness isn’t a trait of an ethical man...or is it? :shrug:

56 mins ago, sunobskt said:

The ruskies are godless, look how well they are doing. Same for China who is only doing well cuz we handed them the ball then stood by and watched them cheat. Yeah, who needs religion.  

The Russian empire was thriving and very religious for a long time. Read up on (Saint) Nicholas II and the execution of the Romanov family. It was sort of shadowed by WWI, but a big turning point in the eastern world and religion. Funny how those two seem to go together. China is just a more seasoned version of Russia. The same ideology that ruined Russia held China for a long time. It’s where I think the Bolsheviks got their template and in turn a certain ideology here in the US subscribed to them. The rest of the “workers of the world unite” garbage was just the filler that made their cause unique enough to those that didn’t know history. Again, similar to what we are seeing here today with all of the false-compassion driven movements that further the diluting of our society and push Christianity, the religion on which this nation was formed, further out of sight. China is a better example of what a society becomes without God because they’ve been without Him for a very long time, for the most part. There are still some small sections of the country that practice Christianity, but they are the smallest of minorities. What’s interesting about them though is they allow the teaching and practicing of many religions, but not Islam. I read an article not long ago where a province (I think that’s what they are over there) has built “re-education camps” that they say are vocational schools, but they only house and teach Muslims there... maybe they are flipping the script on Muslims and slavery and educating a culture of new construction workers. I wonder if they’ll let them take their noonish rug break

8 mins ago, HopHead said:

They ain't makin' jews like jesus anymore......

:laugh: yeah, they missed the boat just before the cloth tore and their sacrificial alter cracked in two 

It's real simple, God is good. It's not hard to figure out why many people are dazed and confused, full of anger and hate. It's real easy to understand why. Deny God, deny what is good.:howdy:

8 hours ago, Heron25 said:

Yeah Italians and Greeks are knocking it out of the park.

I have not heard of the Italians or Greeks causing the death of approx. 100M pushing their agenda during late 1800 to early 1900's. Now maybe back in the old days (1500-2000 yrs ago) there was good old fashioned carnage but everyone was giving as good as they got.

13 hours ago, Niffty said:

Heck of a way to demand an apology though. 

I never demanded an apology. Words matter. 

Happy fishing.

7 hours ago, HopHead said:

They ain't makin' jews like jesus anymore......

Kinky Friedman! :love:

God and Lone Star beer are things we trust! :th:

2 hours ago, jimmy z said:

It's real simple, God is good. It's not hard to figure out why many people are dazed and confused, full of anger and hate. It's real easy to understand why. Deny God, deny what is good.:howdy:

This is true, but haven’t you challenged your faith or had it challenged and you wanted to dig and learn more? I think that part is important to mention because it’s the part that looses people after a while. 

1 hour ago, sunobskt said:

Chessie-funny not more is being said about those "re-education camps". 

Do a web search for Chinese re-education camps one time. There are a couple sites that I personally skip because of their narrative, but they are all saying the same thing about them. It’s limited to Xinjiang as far as the world knows, but it’s pretty nuts. They passed anti-extremist laws that allow them to do it at the county level, basically. Malaysia started to do it too, then stopped from what I read. 

40 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

I never demanded an apology. Words matter. 

Happy fishing.

Why so defensive? 

1 hour ago, sunobskt said:

I have not heard of the Italians or Greeks causing the death of approx. 100M pushing their agenda during late 1800 to early 1900's. Now maybe back in the old days (1500-2000 yrs ago) there was good old fashioned carnage but everyone was giving as good as they got.

I thought you meant religion and economic prosperity going hand in hand.  

25 mins ago, cartopper said:

Believe it is time to start a Tavern Bible Study . . . who's in?

I like the parts about gluttony, sloth, intemperence, and sodomy. Count me in. :th:

9 mins ago, Belmo said:

I like the parts about gluttony, sloth, intemperence, and sodomy. Count me in. :th:

Deuteronomy 21:20

They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious.  He will not obey us.  He is a glutton and a drunkard"