A forthcoming Iran War?

Rate this topic

BrianBM

2 mins ago, ridenfish said:

To both??  My old man was combat infantry and saw a lot.  2 bronze stars, he didn’t lie about what he saw in Vietnam.  

Both? I was attached to the 5th Special Forces Group. I never accused your father of lying. Go back and read what Joey know-it-all was saying about "war crimes."

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

On 6/16/2019 at 8:11 PM, Nessmuk said:

No one has anything whatsoever to gain from a war between the US and Iran, and I think they all know it.

Sen. Tom Cotton thinks so; he's been talking alot the last few days.  From the Washington Examiner

Opinion

Tom Cotton is a Maniac

When Japanese and Norwegian oil tankers were reportedly attacked in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, Republican foreign policy hawks eager for any excuse to start another war were champing at the bit to attack Iran.

Naturally, leading the pack was Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark.

The U.S. should launch a “retaliatory strike” on Iran, Cotton said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” Sunday, that would unleash “the fire and the fury of the military.”......

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/tom-cotton-is-a-maniac

Edited by patchyfog

33 mins ago, mrl said:

Yep.  This was done by 20 terrorists, 19 of whom were Saudis.  The kind of people who get one of their own into an embassy and cut them up because they don't like public criticism.  And who are admired by Trump.

Not one Iranian was involved in 9/11, but hey, facts don't seem to matter that much around here, so carry on.

Charlie Manson and his followers killed how many?
Radicals come from all walks of life.  
The Iranian government is the biggest backer of terrorist in the Region.  Not sure that can be said about the Saudis government.
Got to have allies in the region or you go it alone 

40 mins ago, MakoMike said:

So now were ignoring Korea and Bosnia and focusing solely on Vietnam? FYI the NVA in Vietnam was not hiding among civilians, though their allies the Viet Kong were. We were bombing the **** out of the NVA on the Ho Chi Minh trail.

I was unaware we fought Chinese troops in Bosnia.

And if we didn't, then you are ignoring Viet Nam and Bosnia, and focusing only on North Korea.

And in all 3 cases, we didn't have the InterWebs making a national scandal out of any misstep by a Serviceman.

31 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

How do we know they are playing with nukes?

Is it anything like the WMDs in Iraq?

I guess your Obama signed a nuclear treaty with them because they weren't playing with nukes?

Just like the enemy wasn't hiding among civilians in Viet Nam, eh?

29 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Iran was fine before Comrade-Bonespurs dropped out of the Iran  treaty.

And before you say it was Obama's nefarious workings, that treaty wasn't just Obama. He didn't negotiate in a bubble. It was negotiated by the U.S., the United Kingdom, Russia, France, China, Germany and the European Union. Trump deliberately broke that treaty and now he has combat dodging, Iran war-hawk Bolton deliberately provoking Iran into a war. 

Not one U.S. life is worth losing in Iran because the Idiot-in-Chief and the combat dodging Bolton are wagging the dog with Iran.

Iran has not been fine, since Alexander kicked their ass well before Christ showed up.

The only thing that terrible deal by Obama and the EU imbeciles would have accomplished is delaying Iran's development of nukes for a few years in exchange for guaranteeing that development.

It was, as Trump says, one of the worst deals in the history of mankind.

19 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Both? I was attached to the 5th Special Forces Group. I never accused your father of lying. Go back and read what Joey know-it-all was saying about "war crimes."

War Crimes, Terrorism, whatever legalese BS term you want to apply, whatever.

Bottom line is that bombing an electrical grid to starve/kill citizens to accomplish a political agenda is not going to fly.

Other than death taking time instead of being instantaneous, is there really that much of a difference between bombing Iran's electrical grid to kill civilians and 9/11?

Saddam and Assad gassed their enemies, OBL flew planes into them, and you want to bomb their electrical grid?  Is there really that big of a difference?

42 mins ago, mrl said:

Yep.  This was done by 20 terrorists, 19 of whom were Saudis.  The kind of people who get one of their own into an embassy and cut them up because they don't like public criticism.  And who are admired by Trump.

Not one Iranian was involved in 9/11, but hey, facts don't seem to matter that much around here, so carry on.

Is anyone linking 9/11 to Iran?

Or are we simply saying that the last thing this planet needs is yet another radical regime acquiring nukes?

One North Korea isn't enough?  You want another one?

10 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Coming from the Bankrupter-in-Chief, I wouldn't trust his opinion on anything.

At the moment I believe Iran. It's a safe bet that Saudia Arabia was responsible for the "attack", especially considering that at least one of the "attacked" boats was docked in Saudia Arabia a couple of days before the explosion.

ship.png.8f661475f4f76e3f86175a9df070adb3.png

Edited by zak-striper

12 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

I was unaware we fought Chinese troops in Bosnia.

And if we didn't, then you are ignoring Viet Nam and Bosnia, and focusing only on North Korea.

And in all 3 cases, we didn't have the InterWebs making a national scandal out of any misstep by a Serviceman.

I guess your Obama signed a nuclear treaty with them because they weren't playing with nukes?

Just like the enemy wasn't hiding among civilians in Viet Nam, eh?

Iran has not been fine, since Alexander kicked their ass well before Christ showed up.

The only thing that terrible deal by Obama and the EU imbeciles would have accomplished is delaying Iran's development of nukes for a few years in exchange for guaranteeing that development.

War Crimes, Terrorism, whatever legalese BS term you want to apply, whatever.

Bottom line is that bombing an electrical grid to starve/kill citizens to accomplish a political agenda is not going to fly.

Other than death taking time instead of being instantaneous, is there really that much of a difference between bombing Iran's electrical grid to kill civilians and 9/11?

Saddam and Assad gassed their enemies, OBL flew planes into them, and you want to bomb their electrical grid?  Is there really that big of a difference?

If you can't see the difference between killing civilians and making them live in the dark, then there is no hope for you.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

15 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

One North Korea isn't enough?  You want another one?

Speaking of NK, how'd Twittler do there? Remember this tweet from a year ago?

NK is still a nuclear threat, and they resumed testing weapons.

I don't trust the Baby-Cager-in-Chief at any foreign policy. The only thing he appears capable of doing well, in regards to foreign policy, is taking brown-skinned children from their parents, then throwing them in cages, resulting in the kids dying or being sexually abused.

tweet.png.c708f2e315fa1443388318bb54a36b31.png

Edited by zak-striper

17 mins ago, MakoMike said:

If you can't see the difference between killing civilians and making them live in the dark, then there is no hope for you.

Of course I can see the difference, but I'm talking about our corrupt media and the InterWebs.

A few years ago, they wanted to charge Christie with murder when he caused a traffic jam on the GW Bridge.

What do you think public opinion will be when Iran starts producing all the bodies of babies that died because the hospital had no power, old people that died because they had no AC, and people who got hit by cars because there were no street lights?

It won't just be "living in the dark."  It will be "look at all these innocent people America killed because Trump hates Islam."

And you know it, so why not just drop the act, and admit that we are up against dishonest characters here?  The Iranian and North Korean regimes are the bad guys here, not you, me or Trump.

3 hours ago, zak-striper said:

That was Iran's money. It was Iranian assets frozen by Reagan and Iranian money spent on military planes that Reagan never delivered. However, keep spreading a false narrative.

Behold, the Obama base.

No kidding it was their freaking money.  Money given back under cover of night, in small denominations, secretly...because only damn fools would care who's money was going to fund a terrorist nation.

You want to challenge that narrative?  STUPID.

41 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Is anyone linking 9/11 to Iran?

Well, when Harf posts a pic of the towers on fire in a thread on a potential war with Iran, yeah, I'd say so.  Especially when we all know that they had nothing to do with it.

Edited by mrl

49 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Our overthrowing (with the help of the Brits) a democratically elected government (that led to the Shah, which led to the Islamic Revolution) didn't help a whole lot either...........