Tavern Grillers Thread

Rate this topic

Mike

1 hour ago, chessie_yaker said:

I have a wood/lump stick smoker and was just gifted a fixer-upper gasser by the neighbor. She’s not bad on the outside, but needs much love on the inside. Thinking about hitting homies in a few to see if they have the replacement gear so I can burn some steaks for dinner tonight. 

9E1F5F5D-361B-4C96-A420-97BF42904AD1.jpeg.c681675a801ba6d6a19e11240b2668ab.jpeg0CE650CA-E2C8-4A1E-97BB-ECE9643CF2DE.jpeg.40d2fab321e2883f57bba86b2fdb6def.jpeg

The old, our grills are stainless steel and built to last a lifetime.  They never consider the guts.  :dismay:

Why bother making the outside last.?

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

4 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

The old, our grills are stainless steel and built to last a lifetime.  They never consider the guts.  :dismay:

Why bother making the outside last.?

Seriously. The replacement parts that will add up to double the cost of a new grill our all stainless though. From char-broil anyways. Gonna check fleabay to see if I can save a little loot while rebuilding her. The electronic ignition still works! Replaced the battery and the one burner had a large single flame coming out of it! 

1 hour ago, chessie_yaker said:

I have a wood/lump stick smoker and was just gifted a fixer-upper gasser by the neighbor. She’s not bad on the outside, but needs much love on the inside.

The neighbor?

Edited by JMB

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc

14 mins ago, JaseB said:

How do you like the uni?

Been eyeing one for years but make such damn good pizza on the steel I'm not sure....

It does what it says it will. Takes a little technique. But if you are getting good results already not sure you would find it worth it. I am glad I got it. Need to play with it more.

40 mins ago, JMB said:

The neighbor?

Ya know, like someone who lives in a residence in close proximity to yours

in this case, the landlady who is hands down the best neighbor/landlord anyone could hope to have. She’s given me the opportunity to have the freedoms a homeowner would have with their land in exchange for me taking care of the property, less appliances/utilities.

Edited by chessie_yaker

24 mins ago, Capt Buck said:

Grill and charcoal. No limp wrist moisture ladened gas fired dohickey and no glued together funny tasting charcoal briquettes and never ever any charcoal lighter fluid.

91tGXD5pQ1L._SY606_.jpg

Never tried that stuff. I’ve learned on and stick with royal oak lump char. 

2 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

Never tried that stuff. I’ve learned on and stick with royal oak lump char. 

I remember reading a review on it that wasn't good. I stick with the RO, too.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around.