Tavern Grillers Thread

Rate this topic

Mike

I have waaaaaaaay to much grilling and smoking gear.  Several curbside finds and a bunch of Craigslist buys for short coin that I couldn't pass up. The gear just seems to accumulate over time!

2 x Weber Performers but I'm giving one to a friend. The Performer is the workhorse for grilling meats. Both found on Craigslist.

2 x WSM bullet smokers. One is out and ready to go. I use both about twice a year. Ribs and shoulders mostly on those. The first one I got new. I picked up the second on Craigslist for $100.

Got a barn find old classic Weber gasser in red. That gets used for veggies and other lower heat grilling like shrimp and fish. I also have a newer gasser ($300 Craigslist)  and sent that to my daughter's place when I found the classic model in mint condition for $50. 

1 backup 22" Weber kettle and an 18" backup. Curbside pickups.

22" rotisserie ring for the Webers. Another curbside find.

22" Char griller steel Acorn that I have even used yet. I'm looking at that as a pizza oven. Grabbed that for $100 NIB at an end of the season sale and bought the pizza stone for it.

What's cluttering up your yard?

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

30 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

1560711948053-579124125.jpg.50c2f57652600c2ceb25317c0f62362c.jpg

Excellent taste and all the essentials. My gasser is the same style in red and a bit older.

When did you switch from the stick burner to the WSM? 

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

1 hour ago, Kings over Queens said:

1560711948053-579124125.jpg.50c2f57652600c2ceb25317c0f62362c.jpg

That's basically what I got, except the gasser is a bit newer, and has a side burner. I bought it (*ly) after Lemons Forever won the 2005 Kentucky Oaks at 47-1.

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

23 mins ago, fishing pete said:

WSM was $300 at homies the other day.

I convinced my intern to pick one up for his dad for for fathers day.  

I also advised him that investing in a bender at Atlantic City complete with hookers and blow was a smarter investment than throwing down $1,000 on penny stocks.  lol

#otterlivesmatter

27 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

I convinced my intern to pick one up for his dad for for fathers day.  

I also advised him that investing in a bender at Atlantic City complete with hookers and blow was a smarter investment than throwing down $1,000 on penny stocks.  lol

I saw one years ago in the bargan cave at cabellas with a banged up box. Mekkk. if you are interested in putting in all of the effort its good. The guys love it here and I have eaten plenty of their stuff. Very nice. My electric one broke for the second time. The guys love my stuff too. i gotta get a new one. Havent smoked a chicken in way to long.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

22" Char griller steel Acorn that I have even used yet. I'm looking at that as a pizza oven. Grabbed that for $100 NIB at an end of the season sale and bought the pizza stone for it.

That's all I have and all I need.  South Philly backyards are small, and it does everything I need it to do.  On its third season now.

Pissants don't get to assign positions to me.

Think of my posts as Rorschach tests.  How you respond to them tells more about you than it does about the post.

I also do not respond to deflections.