Strange growths on a nice striper!!!

Rate this topic

Deep Hole

On at leas twp occasions while handling bait at the store i became infected with what i was told was Myco bacteria I went to the e r room and they drained it and tell that I will be lucky if they can stop the progression from the finger to my hand . They put me on a heavy drugs, that had to be pumped into my hand. They left a pick line in for two weeks and each day for two weeks I had to go back to the e r room and get the pick line back open and be pumped with this antibiotic. I was also given pills to take for the same period of time. They used the right bullet to stop the infection  . I was lucky they recognized it and treated it with the right . One of the reasons was most likly not waiting once I saw the infection turn the finger a cherry red . For sure when indoubt see the doctors right away for the best solutions. It was a trying time on two occasions for me and also painful . 

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

I forgot to mention, on my first bout with mycobacteriousis, how fast the progression was. 

It first began as a tiny hot red dot. The size of a pinhead. Burned and itched. Within hours the swelling increased. Within 12 hours my hand was as big as a catvhers mitt. Shortly thereafter I developed a red streak that ran up my arm to my shoulder along with a 103* fever. Even though all this happened in under 24 hours, they told me at the ER I waited too long. The red streak freaked them out.

The Sultan of Sluggo

I think I’ll start carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer in my plug bag just in case I run into one of these fish That way I can wash my hands right after coming in contact plus it’ll help with the fish smell or yeah I could wear gloves