redfishkiller

Hey wire for fire

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Did you wire this up?

Controller for a 480 volt 10 hp garbage disposal 

Stainless steel water tight box mounted to a stainless dish table, when I got there the door had a piece of electrical tape holding it sorta closed 

20190613_180738.jpg.6e691f83aa2c70eb514368c15aa01a55.jpg

I opened the box and the ground was coiled up with a wire nut on it!

I took the pic after I connected it

20190613_180637.jpg.3dab1059b6b3138a8ded4d551a9eafdb.jpg

The rotary switch was mounted upside down so off is on and on is off, the center leg wasn't even tightened down lol

I wonder why it was acting erratic?

 

If that thing would have gotten water in it it could have killed somebody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, HopHead said:

Looks good to me. :shrug:

It isn’t terrible .. but loose lug is begging for fire ... and that thing needs to be seals tight as reds ass used to be 100 yrs ago .. water and 480 = bad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wire for fire is busy unpacking boxes. When he finishes, he should rig up a garbage disposal that could suck up the entire state of South Carolina. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rotary switch is designed so that it has to be off to open the door, the way it is installed , it has to be on to get the door open :squid:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blastwater said:

Wire for fire is busy unpacking boxes. When he finishes, he should rig up a garbage disposal that could suck up the entire state of South Carolina. 

Hey **** you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s 277 and water from last week  ... don’t think door sensor wires supposed to look like this ...  leaky steam pipe above the door shooting steam on wall.. water run down wall into box feeding the exit sign .. water made into splice and down to low voltage wire and poof burned .. breaker never trip since it was only lil 18awg wire in there .. 

801A1024-230D-4E77-8216-96DBA811D439.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Wire For Fire said:

Here’s 277 and water from last week  ... don’t think door sensor wires supposed to look like this ...  leaky steam pipe above the door shooting steam on wall.. water run down wall into box feeding the exit sign .. water made into splice and down to low voltage wire and poof burned .. breaker never trip since it was only lil 18awg wire in there .. 

801A1024-230D-4E77-8216-96DBA811D439.jpeg

Nice!

First time I found 277 was with my finger,  I was like WTF! Lol

 

480 creeps me out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only real way to get hit with 480 would be shorting out two phases with your body .. not easy to do and pretty much you die ..  so 277 is what you gonna get hit with from one phase of 480 .. same same .. but it ain’t the voltage, it’s the current .. big load mean big zap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Wire For Fire said:

Only real way to get hit with 480 would be shorting out two phases with your body .. not easy to do and pretty much you die ..  so 277 is what you gonna get hit with from one phase of 480 .. same same .. but it ain’t the voltage, it’s the current .. big load mean big zap 

Yep, but 277 will get your attention! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took care of some electrical burns/electrocutions in the burn unit.....baaaaaaad stuff.  Look ok at first from the outside....all the damage is inside except the exit wound.  All needed to be filleted open for compartment syndrome ie. dermotomy/fasciotomy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, HopHead said:

Took care of some electrical burns/electrocutions in the burn unit.....baaaaaaad stuff.  Look ok at first from the outside....all the damage is inside except the exit wound.  All needed to be filleted open for compartment syndrome ie. dermotomy/fasciotomy.

Yea very bad .. dude I know was working in switch gear and dropped a screwdriver and it shorted two phases .. it flashes so hot it burns the air .. his whole face and arm were so burned and they had to graph his ass meat all over his body .. his throat and lungs we also all burned .. lucky to live 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.