Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

New package of gun control bills in New Jersey

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Murphy has already stated that he backs them

A.1016 by Assemblyman Gordon Johnson requires gun shops to sell smart guns.  They are simply trying to force market acceptance of a technologically unviable product.  New Jersey’s current statute requires that once smart guns are certified, then only smart guns can be sold.  This would ban the future sale of traditional handguns.  This is nothing more than a gun ban disguised as a “firearm safety” issue. 

A.3696 by Assemblywoman Joann Downey requires mandatory storage of firearms.  New Jersey already has a storage requirement.  This bill does nothing more than continue to tip the scales in favor of criminals in self-defense situations. 

A.5452 by Assemblywoman Verlina Reynolds-Jackson would require Firearms Identification Cards to be renewed every four years and would require training to obtain an FID card.  The bill also makes it tougher to will firearms as part of an estate.

A.5453 by Assemblywoman Yvonne Lopez and A.5454 by Assemblyman Louis Greenwald criminalizes the purchase, transfer and possession of firearms and ammunition to disqualified individuals.  This legislation is completely unnecessary given that current federal and state law already prohibits straw purchases. 

A.5455 by Assemblyman Louis Greenwald regulates the sale of handgun ammunition and develops a system for electronic reporting of firearm information

And it's very safe to assume that 5452 will gradually be expanded to include restrictively high permit fees every 4 years

Gee, I wonder what political party all of those [Ass] sembly representatives are from? Any body care to guess? F*%K Murphy and his clowns.  I am out of this state as soon as possible. AND THEY ARE NOT GETTING ME FOR AN EXIT TAX EITHER.

Jim

On 6/15/2019 at 7:49 PM, JBreese1 said:

Gee, I wonder what political party all of those [Ass] sembly representatives are from? Any body care to guess? F*%K Murphy and his clowns.  I am out of this state as soon as possible. AND THEY ARE NOT GETTING ME FOR AN EXIT TAX EITHER.

Jim

We left 4 years ago when we retired, best move we ever made.  Exit tax is only on capital gains over  $250,000 or $500,000 jointly . If you're making that much profit on the sale of your place ,then you're paying.

Not much different in California. We have micro stamping. Ruger and several other companies have stopped selling certain semi automatics. Really the only way to deal. Is move to a free state.

13 hours ago, Capt Buck said:

We left 4 years ago when we retired, best move we ever made.  Exit tax is only on capital gains over  $250,000 or $500,000 jointly . If you're making that much profit on the sale of your place ,then you're paying.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, JBreese1 said:

Jim

Rent a place, or change your address to your kid's house for a year then 'leave'.  Many ways to skin that cat

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, Sudsy said:

A.5454 by Assemblyman Louis Greenwald criminalizes the purchase, transfer and possession of firearms and ammunition to disqualified individuals.  This legislation is completely unnecessary given that current federal and state law already prohibits straw purchases. 

I have no problem getting behind this, but since its redundant it smacks of publicity stunt.  

Is there ever a concession from the Grabbers?  What are they ceding?  Isnt middle ground and Centrism to be lauded? 

Why always the extremist position, ban restrictbanrestrict?  Why is their ONLY common sense suggestion already in place, and therefore moot/redundant?

Time to write some letters again...

Edited by 55555s

On 6/15/2019 at 11:24 AM, Sudsy said:

And it's very safe to assume that 5452 will gradually be expanded to include restrictively high permit fees every 4 years

Well, of course.  

On 6/15/2019 at 7:49 PM, JBreese1 said:

Jim

Gosh now, this isnt political.  The progressiveLeft isnt behind this, its a bipartisan push for common sense blah blah blah...

Effing Democrats.  

in RI when we go to the state house to protect our 2A(4 or 5 times a year) rights we always remind them of the laws they have on the books now that they don't enforce. oh yeah and how NO mass shooter has ever checked local, state or gov. gun laws before committing the act.

1 hour ago, 55555s said:

Well, of course.  

Gosh now, this isnt political.  The progressiveLeft isnt behind this, its a bipartisan push for common sense blah blah blah...

Effing Democrats.  

Dem. Senator I have a permit to carry, Loretta Weinberg' hot mic comment from a few yrs ago, "I wanted total confiscation'',,,,   Murphy' comment from a few mths ago  "Were not anti 2A or anything'' when talking about raising fees associated with gun purchase'. Scum bags, all of them.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:16 AM, richie c said:

Dem. Senator I have a permit to carry, Loretta Weinberg' hot mic comment from a few yrs ago, "I wanted total confiscation'',,,,   Murphy' comment from a few mths ago  "Were not anti 2A or anything'' when talking about raising fees associated with gun purchase'. Scum bags, all of them.

He is a divisive prick.