flyangler

Treason? Trump is Just Plagiarizing the Obama Administration

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

But isn’t he? We are regularly told that Trump is stupid and never has original ideas so doesn’t it make sense he steals ideas from others? And can’t on eof those ideas be what he said in the ABC GMA interview? 

Aren't delirious Democrats now accusing Team Obama of treason?

If you read the newspapers, tuned into the cable TV pundits or received an email from one of the Democrats running for president, you’d swear Donald Trump was back to his treasonous ways. 

All that was missing was an annoying OMG text exclamation punctuating the unfounded claims that Trump might violate the law in 2020 by accepting intelligence on a political rival from a foreign country. The inference, of course, is that it would come from a hostile power such as  Russia or North Korea or Iran.

Actually, what Trump told ABC News’s George Stephanopoulos was that he’d consider taking intelligence dirt about a rival from a friendly ally. (Norway was the actual example he used.)

Sound familiar? That is EXACTLY what the Obama administration did in 2016. It’s something no one in the media or the political space grasped during the tsunami of breathless reaction that followed the interview.

In July 2016, the Obama administration accepted unsolicited information from Alexander Downer, an Australian diplomat who just happened to have helped arrange a $25 million government donation to the Clinton Foundation years before. Downer said that he had witnessed a Trump campaign aide, George Papadopoulos, bragging about some dirt that the Russians supposedly had on Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Though Downer’s claim was reported two-plus months after the alleged event, and was only hearsay gathered at a London tavern, the Obama administration gave it to the FBI which, in turn, thought it was weighty enough to justify opening a counterintelligence case against the lawfully elected Republican nominee for president.

In other words, the Democratic administration accepted dirt from a foreign friendly and used it to justify investigating its GOP rival.

And then, OMG, they did it again just a few weeks later.

In October 2016, less than three weeks from Election Day, the Obama Justice Department approved a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to spy on the Trump campaign through its former adviser, Carter Page. The primary evidence supporting the warrant? A dossier written by a foreign friendly named Christopher Steele, a retired MI6 intelligence agent from Great Britain. Of course, the Justice Department and the FBI forgot to tell the courts that Steele actually was working on behalf of the Clinton campaign, but that’s a small detail for the purpose of this column.

For the second time in three months, the Obama administration took dirt on Trump from a foreign ally — this time, from one in Europe — and weaponized it for a criminal investigation.

No offense, but the media really are giving Trump way too much credit for the idea he floated on ABC News. The real scandal is that he’s just plagiarizing a playbook already used by Obama, Clinton and those 2016 Democrats.

And every Democrat and media pundit who accuses Trump of treason for considering taking dirt from, say, Norway in 2020 has now, by extension, accused the Obama administration of committing treason in 2016.

Of course, you’d never know that from the way the media and politicians have treated it.

That is of no value to the commies as they continue their relentless assault on the American way of life. Doesn’t matter what Obama did. Doesn’t matter that Hillary asked the Chinese to hack Trumps tax returns. The idiots the Democrats depend on to vote for them have heard enough and know that this man is truly the worse President ever. 

Its ok though, because the FISA cometh. Our little commie friends will drop this so fast once the details of what Team Obama did come to light. They stomped their feet and screamed impeachment. Then quietly stopped. Now it is rumored that impeachment is pretty much a no go. It will be the same for this. Do you even remember the name of the woman who accused the judge of standing in line to rape drugged school girls ? Well they don’t either. Theirs is a shotgun approach. Throw as much as you can, as quickly as you can, and in as many directions as you can, and hope something hits him.

They are desperate to get something before the FISA cometh. They realize he will win again unless they can get something that would cause his supporters to walk away. I figure he has kept most all of the support he got in 2016. About 90% of those votes are coming right back to him. He has fulfilled most all of his campaign pledges, except one big one. Hillary has not been locked up. He has also made some gains with others who did not support him. There is talk that he might put Oregon into play for example. The reliably Democrat voter might become an issue.

How will that play out once these investigations start revealing what the Democrats are absolutely desperate to hide ? That Obama was a criminal that violated our espionage laws in order to wire tap his political opponent. We seem to forget that when they distract away, don’t we ? Obama’s criminal behavior is the biggest political scandal in our nations history. They see that train coming down the tracks, and they are desperate to prevent it from being presented to the people.

Of all their examples of bad Trump, I think my favorite remains the one during the hurricane. Melania wore the wrong shoes as she boarded the helicopter. This rates close behind when it comes to journalists creating news stories, but the wrong shoes, well that was very special. No one in the media today would have ever dared suggest Jackie wore the wrong shoes. 

The FISA cometh.

So they got information and passed it along to the FBI

and you are claiming that’s the same as Trump saying he would take information and NOT give it to the FBI. 

Can you not see the difference?

are trump supporters really this stupid?

Did Trump say he wouldn’t give it to the FBI? 

Or, did he say he’d listen to the information, and if damning he’d give it to the FBI? 

Im pretty sure I heard option B. Maybe I’m really stupid, but I don’t think so. 

16 mins ago, Markushook said:

Did Trump say he wouldn’t give it to the FBI? 

Or, did he say he’d listen to the information, and if damning he’d give it to the FBI? 

Im pretty sure I heard option B. Maybe I’m really stupid, but I don’t think so. 

Oh, there you go again, using what he actually said to counter a point that is made up and not factually true. 

3 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

So they got information and passed it along to the FBI

and you are claiming that’s the same as Trump saying he would take information and NOT give it to the FBI. 

Can you not see the difference?

are trump supporters really this stupid?

I wouldn't say stupid, but most Americans, parties excluded, are gullible. A political party is just a moniker! :howdy: