ferret

coming home to MA

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

After 20 years in NJ, I cant take it any more, gotta return to MA.  Actually, I have a great job opportunity on the north shore.  

Question, if I was to to bring up my 22' center console, which marinas would you recommend for all around inshore fishing, mostly fly? North shore? South of Boston?  The Cape?

Last thing you wanna do is live on the north shore and have to drive down to the south shore to fish. You can still get into plenty of action north of Boston. I would pick the closest marina to your house and figure it out from there. 

It's a 3 hour drive from North Shore to the South Shore or bridges on a Friday afternoon, stay on the North Shore.  You might want to think about trailing her for the first year and see where you end up fishing the most.  

sam

On 6/15/2019 at 0:26 AM, captahab416 said:

Last thing you wanna do is live on the north shore and have to drive down to the south shore to fish. You can still get into plenty of action north of Boston. I would pick the closest marina to your house and figure it out from there. 

Plenty of good marinas close to where you are moving and if you search it out , also some good fishing for multiple species , with out having to tow it here to the cape and launching it. Places in Lynn, Marblehead Swampscott and even in and around Newburyport. Where are you actually moving to ? 

9 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Plenty of good marinas close to where you are moving and if you search it out , also some good fishing for multiple species , with out having to tow it here to the cape and launching it. Places in Lynn, Marblehead Swampscott and even in and around Newburyport. Where are you actually moving to ? 

one of these towns, lol

Having it close to your house for short trips is important as is not having to spend an hour getting through a no-wake zone (i.e., way up river).  If you had your boat on the Anisquam, you could cover Cape Ann, all points north to NH and south to Boston. 

12 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

Having it close to your house for short trips is important as is not having to spend an hour getting through a no-wake zone (i.e., way up river).  If you had your boat on the Anisquam, you could cover Cape Ann, all points north to NH and south to Boston. 

Words of wisdom to a better fishing experience , with increased potential for more fish to fish on . Variety is the spice of life

The researching your doing this year won't do you any good until next year on the south shore. I don't know bout anywhere else but between Plymouth and Hingham the slips and moorings have been sold out for months and even years. If you move to a town with their own moorings get on the list before you even change your mailing address. I don't know what the "average" cost per foot for a slip is but if you have the moolah spend it! I'm trailering this year but i would rather just step on and go but being able to travel and chase the black bass, White chins, fluke and even more exotic stuff south of the cape sure opens up your options. At least it does for me.