flyangler

All the News That’s Fit to Forget

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

The Media loves celebrating the anniversaries of mass shootings by insane old white guys. So has anyone heard anything today on the second anniversary of the Bernie bro shooting up a bunch of Republicans and nearly killing Steve Scalise? 

Bernie Bro James T. Hodgkinson, Attempted Assassin Of Steve Scalise, Already Being Erased From History. And additional examples of leftist violence and eliminationist rhetoric at the link.

TO ASK THE QUESTION IS TO ANSWER IT: Steve Scalise Was Shot Two Years Ago Today. Why Is The Media So Silent On The Anniversary?

Because…

451D8C4C-718F-4814-9442-E53D79B22208.jpeg.9cd86a9f3c2df83b717acb7ff47bd999.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, patchyfog said:

Did you check, or just C&P the Daily Wire opinion piece?

3 hours ago, PlumFishing said:

Interesting. 

F0CAE1D2-B602-4A3F-9CAD-33AFD9E9A87A.png

You guys slay me with your binary "gotcha" proofs. You know what I am talking about, mass shooter coverage in the top page of their news page hierarchy. On their national news page. Opinion pieces on the tragedy of mass shooting and how each is another reminder that gun control should be tightened. Political site covering it closely because it was a politically-motivated attack by a crazed supporter of a current Democratic Party candidate in 2020. 

Have you read any of those today, before your snarky comments Plum, Patchy or Slow? 

Sorry, but a story on the online equivalent of Section C, Page 16, below the fold, three inch article, is not what I am talking about. And you smart guys all know this. Given the unlimited coverage available to any major story, having no mentions by NYT, WaPo, LAT, network news, etc. means the story is for all intents and purposes is being ignored. Where are the political sites covering it? 

Here is Google search for past 24 hours, which would be nearly all encompassing and stacked by viewership. 

So it is the CNN Politics Page, not cover page. Not national News Page. 

F863E7C9-6573-49C6-A59B-D21A3CCE3A00.png.4bbc3618dc27c0fae1bdbc8649a64797.png

Edited by tomkaz

Plum, your CBS News item does not have seemed to appear on any CBS network news show. It is on the CBS News video site but was not part of CBS This Morning, CBS Nightly News nor picked up by any of the CBS affiliates. That particular item also appears to be about Scalise's book regarding his experience rather than a remembrance of the shooting. 

In the past 24 hours CBS News did have a piece involving Scalise on CBS This Morning, but that story was focused on climate change. And again, no videos from any of the other major news organizations websites related to the shooting. 

F1C7B46C-9EFC-4D2F-A8F5-ECE22B512E16.png.5cc473811163f25e598612acb1c30c13.png

Last search, this one "scalise AND sanders AND shooter" to see how many articles in last 24 hours mention that Scalise's assailant was a rabid Trump hater and Bernie Sanders supporter. 

Hmmm, The Daily Wire and the ?Independent Journal Review , which is an online news "community" that any of us could publish at. 

So even CNN, ON THEIR POLITICS PAGE, did not report that the politically motivated rampage shooter was a Sanders supporter. 

And that last bit really is my point, isn’t it? That it is all but ignored because to touch upon it would expose the left wing political,motivation of the old, white, liberal, Trump-hating male killer. 

Thanks for forcing me to make the point so vehemently. 

QED. 

CB1F9A88-A352-49E1-96B9-EA8CFE9FF196.png.f8ce652367c724abe388b10782d7e779.png

And by the way, what was the question in the OP "Did anyone hear about this today?" not whether the news system completely ignored it.

So be honest, prior to reading this, had you? 

Good thread.  If you hadn't brought it to my attention I'd have never known because it wasn't on any news I've read or seen!

A prime example of the media not doing it's "real job".

I see most of the news as being just news. Why listen to the news anymore? If ones life revolves around the news then said person needs to get a life. Take what you need and leave the rest. Good news is always good!:howdy:

Which progressive SOL member has your mind associated with this face?  For me, this is generally the face I see for all of them.

"Trickle down doesn't work, trickle down doesn't work, polly want a cracker--Squawk!!"

lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1533691890