TravisVT

Advice for Day off in Narragansett/Point Judith

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Came to Rhode Island for my nieces graduation and have tomorrow morning free with my father.

Just hoping someone wouldn’t mind recommending an area we may have some luck trying for stripers. I brought two surf rods and a plug bag and we gave it a try down on the Camp Cronin jetty this afternoon with no luck.  

We were  thinking if heading somewhere around the southern part of Narragansett bay. Just not sure if where we may have good access. 

Any advice is appreciated.

59 mins ago, TravisVT said:

Came to Rhode Island for my nieces graduation and have tomorrow morning free with my father.

Just hoping someone wouldn’t mind recommending an area we may have some luck trying for stripers. I brought two surf rods and a plug bag and we gave it a try down on the Camp Cronin jetty this afternoon with no luck.  

We were  thinking if heading somewhere around the southern part of Narragansett bay. Just not sure if where we may have good access. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Rods only? Or korkers/ waders?

13 mins ago, Kooky said:

Rods only? Or korkers/ waders?

Unfortunately just rod/reels & plugs. My dad didn’t have a set of waders with him  so I didn't bring mine.  So ideally somewhere where wading is not necessary. 

With just pier gear there's a few access areas around. Gaggle maps are great for finding nitch areas. CC is not the safest place to land a fish, lower the tide the deadlier it becomes.

2 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

With just pier gear there's a few access areas around. Gaggle maps are great for finding nitch areas. CC is not the safest place to land a fish, lower the tide the deadlier it becomes.

Thanks for the advice but do you have any advice that would help with the questions I asked? I appreciate your concerns for my safety though.