HugeDinghy

are we in agreement

Rate this topic

129 posts in this topic

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

that, barring some unforeseen circumstances, Trump rather easily beats any of the currently declared democrats?

no.....

I'm thinking he could take DeBlasio or booker,

but most of the field cleans his clock......

Unless he is shot or the election is rigged.  Seems like a slam dunk

And honestly that's not good for democracy.  We need parties putting up good ideas and decent people

Competition is good.

id say that pres with a good economy is an absolute shoe in for re-election, but really seems like all traditional stuff is out the window with this yahoo. 

I think he wins simply by being the tallest pygmy again. 

The economy can be easily manipulated by a large foreign nation.  If it burps around election time he's in trouble.  And I still think Biden could take him anyway.  Put Harris on as VP and Trump is in deep chit.

Most of the rest are just dopes, with no great appeal.  But keep in mind...Trump was a protest vote against Clinton.  With someone less despicable than Hillary, Trump is going to suffer from his own protest vote.

Just now, Nessmuk said:

The economy can be easily manipulated by a large foreign nation.  If it burps around election time he's in trouble.  And I still think Biden could take him anyway.  Put Harris on as VP and Trump is in deep chit.

Most of the rest are just dopes, with no great appeal.  But keep in mind...Trump was a protest vote against Clinton.  With someone less despicable than Hillary, Trump is going to suffer from his own protest vote.

Well said. I'm of the same thinking.

22 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

id say that pres with a good economy is an absolute shoe in for re-election, but really seems like all traditional stuff is out the window with this yahoo. 

I think he wins simply by being the tallest pygmy again. 

There is absolutely no way Trump can keep his dumb yap shut long enough to stick to focusing on the economy. I wonder how much wall will be built by the time the election cycle gets serious. Can he kick that can down the road enough with the base to keep them hoping it'll get done? All any Dem has to do right now is point out that after all the drama the damn thing still isn't built. 

It will take something catastrophic for him to lose - an economic collapse, actual evidence of collusion, etc.  He’ll win, just don’t if he will actually serve another 4.  

2 mins ago, slowroller said:

There is absolutely no way Trump can keep his dumb yap shut long enough to stick to focusing on the economy. I wonder how much wall will be built by the time the election cycle gets serious. Can he kick that can down the road enough with the base to keep them hoping it'll get done? All any Dem has to do right now is point out that after all the drama the damn thing still isn't built. 

I suspect he's pushing a trade deal with China closer to the election and will also start pushing an infrastructure bill in the spring. We already know from his Fed nominations that he's look to juice the economy in the short term.