Steve in Mass

Since I Grew Up in NJ

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I can get away with laughing at this.....

Overheard in the background TV "This is NJ ma'am, if you are gonna get upset by someone giving you the finger while driving and making a big deal out of it, you are never gonna get anywhere!"

Actually, living in Mass for nearly 35 years, I think that may actually more applicable here........

;)

Lol that is pretty funny. Before I moved to central moco I lived in Northern NJ. Now whenever I drive up there my blood pressure goes up a few points. 

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

Lol that is pretty funny. Before I moved to central moco I lived in Northern NJ. Now whenever I drive up there my blood pressure goes up a few points. 

I live in CMC but worked up in Northern Bergen county. 120 miles a day was a killer for 20+ years

10 mins ago, shbeachbum said:

I live in CMC but worked up in Northern Bergen county. 120 miles a day was a killer for 20+ years

I don't know who you are but I have to respect anyone that can do that commute for 20 yrs and still have their sanity. That sounds like one of Dantes 9 circles of hell. Or maybe Im soft?

Posted (edited) · Report post

nj driving is an abortion and it will only get worse.  I have lived here my whole life. If your going to sweat over someone giving you the bird you need to move. 

Edited by aae0130

I have lived here my entire life as well ( 38yrs in Ocean County ) and hate driving anywhere after about 9 am.  I just stay in the right lane and keep at the flow of traffic to stay calm.  Everyone is on your ass, stop signs are now yields, yields mean nothing, turn signals are optional, speed limits? Ha what are those?   Nearly everyone is impatient a**** that are to stupid to realize that speeding in traffic with stop lights everywhere is going to get them nowhere fast.   It's a Fing nightmare. 

Edited by 40shades-of-blue

1 hour ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

I have lived here my entire life as well ( 38yrs in Ocean County ) and hate driving anywhere after about 9 am.  I just stay in the right lane and keep at the flow of traffic to stay calm.  Everyone is on your ass, stop signs are now yields, yields mean nothing, turn signals are optional, speed limits? Ha what are those?   Nearly everyone is impatient a**** that are to stupid to realize that speeding in traffic with stop lights everywhere is going to get them nowhere fast.   It's a Fing nightmare. 

I drive nearly 800 miles a week on suburban/ semi rural roads around here, and it is really no different. Everyone is in a rush.....it don't count if you get there dead.............

"Slow down everyone you're moving too fast. Frames can't catch ya when you're moving like that..."

1 hour ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

Yeah when i see a red I immediately let my foot off the gas and coast to the light. You should see the lunatics always gunning it to the red light only to slam on their brakes. Where is everyone rushing? Just leave 5min early and all of a sudden there's no need to rush around like a mental patient.

Edited by adams54

18 hours ago, adams54 said:

Yeah when i see a red I immediately let my foot off the gas and coast to the light. You should see the lunatics always gunning it to the red light only to slam on their brakes. Where is everyone rushing? Just leave 5min early and all of a sudden there's no need to rush around like a mental patient.

I do the same thing.  If anyone gives me the finger or honks I just smile and wave.  That makes them even more angry.